Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

58 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Dear Chris, thank you for the kit design. I quite like it.

You've not quite hit the brief, however, and assuming we get one round of amends, I've made a few tweaks I'd like to see. If you could have them sorted for launch tomorrow, that'd be really great. 

PS. Either badge is fine, to be honest I included the second one because someone will say the first looks like West Ham. Which it doesn't.

PPS. There's an AV150 logo on the back that doesn't have a winky in it.

All the best

proper badge 2.1.jpg

Ok… so you’ve changed the blue and added more stripes to the collar. It’s taken something away.

Typically, a darker claret wouldn’t look right/great or immediately identifiable as a Villa shirt but Adidas have managed to find a way to do it and get the balance right imo.

Surprisingly, the white trefoil logo takes away from it too.

9 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

how about now?

proper badge 3.jpg

The blue is even worse here.

I think the original neck is well done too and works better than this.

Interested if only kit tomorrow or if training wear goes online also. I’m sure the in person would be kit only but online?

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh 

I thought he was talking about how it actually looked mate, not the actual sponsor.

I agree that it looks ok and is plain, not a flashy or colourful logo. At least it’s not their old one which has an orange arse on it!

But it’s still a gambling sponsor, although a lot let dubious than the crap we had before. 

Definitely better at least.

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

😂

not so much

😂

Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend. I can’t quite put my finger on the reason why, it’s not the badge - that looks lovely.

Have you been messing about with shades of blue again? 😂  maybe it’s something to do with the stripes… could even be how the trefoil looks or combines with them.

No offence taken mate, just twatting about (and not paying attention to colours!)

It is an interesting thing about what people see as one team's kit vs another when they both have almost identical colours and use of them, I agree it's definitely a thing and I may study it in more detail if I can ever be bothered.

I personally prefer Villa shirts with a V neck for overly simplistic reasons, whereas I associate West Ham with round necks, and Burnley with.. actually I don't think about Burnley very much. Probably a meat pie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

No offence taken mate, just twatting about (and not paying attention to colours!)

It is an interesting thing about what people see as one team's kit vs another when they both have almost identical colours and use of them, I agree it's definitely a thing and I may study it in more detail if I can ever be bothered.

I personally prefer Villa shirts with a V neck for overly simplistic reasons, whereas I associate West Ham with round necks, and Burnley with.. actually I don't think about Burnley very much. Probably a meat pie.

👍👍👍

I always associated us with the more vibrant shades of claret (always disliked the dull, dour West Ham and Burnley kits/shades) but… this just seems to work for some reason and looks really classy and smart. Looks like they found or achieved “balance” and it’s important to use the same shade of blue in that shitty badge on the shirt/arms.

It’s a major upgrade, at least in terms of quality, imo. The fabric alone looks so much better. So glad we’ve finally got a proper brand/manufacture on board rather than anything like the vast majority of shit we’ve had for yonks.

Let’s see how it looks in the official reveal.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Not sure how or why but, despite using better elements, you’ve made it look more like a West Ham shirt… it’s strange.

The claret based badge makes it look like West Ham. 

The badge isn't perfect and it's obviously unpopular, but it instantly identifies the new shirt as a Villa shirt. 

7 hours ago, Rolta said:

There's no prize for repeating yourself over and over again about the badge! 

That’s ok, I’ll carry on repeating and the prize will be the interaction I have with good discussion with other posters.  Those that don’t like it can do one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The claret based badge makes it look like West Ham. 

The badge isn't perfect and it's obviously unpopular, but it instantly identifies the new shirt as a Villa shirt. 

Yep, when you see that neon yellow smudge, you definitely think "that's shit, that's Villa".

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Do some research. Adidas, like many other suppliers, still use sweatshops.

“Do some research”… I’m literally a researcher 🙃

France has mandated Adidas track the working conditions of their supply chains since 2016. Nearly ten years at this stage. Unless Adidas are producing our gear using a whole different supply network to their stuff sold in Paris (possible, but I haven’t seen evidence for it) then sweat shops are mostly a thing of the past?

I really hope we get a retro crest on our third kit like Arsenal/United/Newcastle. If Leeds are important enough to get one then we definitely should.

IMG_8347.jpeg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â