Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

54 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Some embarrassing comments on Twitter about a makeshift shirt worn for charity. It’s really not that deep. Wait for the actual kit drop. 

And yet it's the most predictable thing ever 

We make PR fumble after PR fumble, knowing how people will react. It's amateurish.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

The 24/7 thing (24th July) fits for the release after the first two friendlies, so that might've been the plan all along (contractual obligations / known delays) if it does transpire to be correct.

That wasn't the plan all along.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

The badges look like they're stitched skewed. They're not straight. Especially the shorts. Having said that, I do like the style etc. Badge is a little big compared to everything else on the kit though. 

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Or since whenever we heard that, if a delay was expected by that point.

There's clearly a delay, and the club weren't confident in the original plan a week or so ago when they went with the slightly more vague 'days following the Euros'. It looks like they've now given themselves an additional ten days to make sure they're ready to go.

I wonder if we'll now see the online and store launches combined.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

So it's for the first 2 matches, does that mean it'll be ready for the US Tour?

You'd hope so - 27th July is the first game of the tour, so they've given themselves another ten days to be ready. 

How they'll schedule the different suppliers and sales windows will be interesting - they usually go online sales bit first, which means Fanatics would have first dibs on the kit - but given the delays, they might combine the online and store launches - especially since adidas will want the shirt in their stores as quickly as possible. 

If not, we might see it launched and worn in the US on the tour, but not available to walk up and buy until after it - it'll certainly cause some angst if the physical shirt is available to buy over the counter in the US before it's available in the UK.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You'd hope so - 27th July is the first game of the tour, so they've given themselves another ten days to be ready. 

How they'll schedule the different suppliers and sales windows will be interesting - they usually go online sales bit first, which means Fanatics would have first dibs on the kit - but given the delays, they might combine the online and store launches - especially since adidas will want the shirt in their stores as quickly as possible. 

If not, we might see it launched and worn in the US on the tour, but not available to walk up and buy until after it - it'll certainly cause some angst if the physical shirt is available to buy over the counter in the US before it's available in the UK.

What do you think they’d sell at the US stadiums then? I assume they’d have some kit to sell to fans.

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What do you think they’d sell at the US stadiums then? I assume they’d have some kit to sell to fans.

It'll be tight by the looks of things - if they aren't ready to go yet, then you'd think they're still distributing kit - depending on who it is who will be doing the selling at those stadiums, it'll be about where they are in the pecking order for delivery.

I believe that Fanatics are still the online vendor and we tend to go online first, so I guess they'll be high on that list, and as the new Gods of Villa Park, adidas will be right up on that list too - given Fanatics presence in the US, I'd imagine it'll be them on the tour - but whether they'll prioritise shipping kit out to the states over online orders in the UK will be the question.

Selling the kit of a team from Birmingham to people in another country before you sell it at home would still be somewhat controversial.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

And yet it's the most predictable thing ever 

We make PR fumble after PR fumble, knowing how people will react. It's amateurish.

The reaction is amateurish… fans criticise other club fans for this kind of “bed wetting” yet our fan base does the same…. Every time.  We all know why the kit delayed, we’re all not that bothered, really. We’ve seen the badge months ago, and got it out of system. Yet we still winge, we still moan, like all other fans. Embarrassing ourselves in the process.

hypocrites, pathetic, amateur  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â