Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

53 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

All I know is it’s white. It’s a one off. It’s not one of the actual kits.

Might have an announcement and see the real kits before Wednesday but the players won’t be wearing one of them for the Walsall game.

I am sure you’re not wrong but that really is half arsed. 
If you announce it tomorrow or in two weeks time you can still keep the date it goes on sale the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turnbull said:

Where is kit? 

20240715_174151.jpg

Might be the merchandise department if anyone asked them right now!! "I'm from Barcelona, I know nothing".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

That sleeve says no more red?! "sorry boss we forgot to put the red dye in the machine so it's all white". No problem we'll sell these as a special one off kit. Milk the fans more!

In fairness to Arsenal, their "no more red" shirt is part of an initiative from the club to help tackle knife crime in London, by building safe spaces for yoofs and ting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What’s stopping them revealing the kit though? Just show us what it looks like. We’ve seen all sorts of training gear at this point. What’s the difference?

Makes sense to do the big kit reveal in the States rather than before a friendly at Walsall … Way bigger impact commercially and build marketing around the 150 year anniversary etc - like it or not it’s about capturing the new global fan. Happy to wait a few extra weeks for the big reveal. 

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Makes sense to do the big kit reveal in the States rather than before a friendly at Walsall … Way bigger impact commercially and build marketing around the 150 year anniversary etc - like it or not it’s about capturing the new global fan. Happy to wait a few extra weeks for the big reveal. 

The global audience doesn't gather around a big curtain that we drop to show them the kit, it doesn't really matter where you do it from. Villa fans from all over the world will see the kit launch online whether you do it at dawn in a pub outside of Lincoln or midnight on the halfway line at soldier field. I would think the club would like to have the kit launched as early as they can, however they do it.

• Like 1

I’m sure Heck, the marketing department and Adidas have big plans - I’m envisioning top of the Empire State Building type release 😂 All jokes aside cracking America is key to our short to medium term growth and getting our brand out there in the biggest way possible 

• Like 1

I think it's fine to announce it this week (that would be "days after the Euros" as Heck said, he never said it would be the day after. And then it can debut in the US, sure.

I still think they should do preorder on day 1 reveal, and not do "preorders starting 1 August" as long as you define when shipping begins.

6 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Does anyone remember the adidas reply tweet that said they were open 24/7

24th July is looking more likely now.

Yeah it seemed a slightly weird thing to say - so I read between the lines as it having a more cryptic significance.  Although "open" also implied to me that it was more about when the kits would be available for purchase rather than the "reveal".

7 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Does anyone remember the adidas reply tweet that said they were open 24/7

24th July is looking more likely now.

What was that?

15 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

All I know is it’s white. It’s a one off. It’s not one of the actual kits.

Might have an announcement and see the real kits before Wednesday but the players won’t be wearing one of them for the Walsall game.

I believe it’s to raise money for the AVFC Foundation

• Like 1

If the US announcement is true, I wonder if they will have kits out there to sell straight away - maybe they are hoping for big crowds for the games, make money and spread the Villa name around to potential new fans

25 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

What was that?

There was an adidas tweet a few weeks ago, possibly another teams kit reveal.

Someone asked the comment, when would we see the villa kit.

The adidas reply said, we are cooking we are open 24/7.

It could have been a cryptic reply. Who knows !

17 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

There was an adidas tweet a few weeks ago, possibly another teams kit reveal.

Someone asked the comment, when would we see the villa kit.

The adidas reply said, we are cooking we are open 24/7.

It could have been a cryptic reply. Who knows !

Ahh cheers for that!  Must have missed it at the time.  Really excited to see the shirts.  I collect so adidas will be taking my money monthly haha!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â