Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know this wasnt very villa - but i absolutely loved that kit

Tbf the team was wearing stripes when I first started supporting as a kid in 94, so I kind of feel this is quite Villa. Also it is an ace kit.loved it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Tbf the team was wearing stripes when I first started supporting as a kid in 94, so I kind of feel this is quite Villa. Also it is an ace kit.loved it.

Id love a kit like this. Its also different.  I mean how many changes can you make to a home kit?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id love a kit like this. Its also different.  I mean how many changes can you make to a home kit?

I think they tried it a while back in the Benteke era with the pinstripes, but I've never been a fan of them.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I know this wasnt very villa - but i absolutely loved that kit

I think it's nice to have a change every once and a while.  Its been too long, but it won't be this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I'm not sure that can be classed as tartan can it?

Not really no, although i did try to imply this by using the word effect after. 

I don't know much about tartan, but I assume if we were doing something to honour our founders then there's be a specific style of tartan they'd be associated with. If there was the possibility to use that we probably should, but maybe they're trying to go more down the modernised nod to the past route. 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2024 at 11:56, Vive_La_Villa said:

I've just tried it on again and it's not actually as bad I first thought. It's just a lot baggier than I would normally wear hoodies . I reckon a medium would be just right but don't think they had any left. Might keep this to wear during the house for winter when piled a few pounds on.

Hope this photo helps

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/z6owhvb7or881jhcgq0w6/Photo-09-07-2024-11-47-23.jpg?rlkey=1cwujuqq597vrgjfuxtjv56c4&dl=0

Thanks so much! Massive help. 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2024 at 08:48, Newry_Villan said:

Well then it's time for the return of...

20240710_001758.jpg

I'd like to see this sort of thing a bit more often. I love this striped kit, and the most famous kit we've worn in the last 20 years, the Luke promotion kit, was a deviation from the norm. I think it depends on the kit supplier building a bit of rapport with the club and supporters so they feel like they can do something unique without getting shouted down. Hopefully if we're with Adidas for a period of time, they give us an occasional variant.

Hopefully they don't....ever...

Home - Claret Shirt, light blue arms, white shorts, light blue socks - fiddle with the trim only

Away - predominantly white, with claret and blue trim, (shorts and sock variations in white, claret and blue to provide options when part of the kit clashes, or so we can go full claret etc with home shirt) I would have said never change the badge colours - but this one needs changing!

Third - some crazy marketing thing to the youngsters - but NEVER Mid /Royal/Dark blue! - and we shouldn't wear it if we can wear our home or away kit (Its just about money anyway)

I think most of us are fond of our 'first' kits or the ones from our youth when we remember becoming a fan, but for me  - you stick with the established colours (and tweak it to justify a new one each year). We are not a stripes team (1957 was our away kit) - we are a claret shirt and blue arms team.  150 years, founders  - TRADITION...

1 hour ago, Ingers said:

Hopefully they don't....ever...

Home - Claret Shirt, light blue arms, white shorts, light blue socks - fiddle with the trim only

Away - predominantly white, with claret and blue trim, (shorts and sock variations in white, claret and blue to provide options when part of the kit clashes, or so we can go full claret etc with home shirt) I would have said never change the badge colours - but this one needs changing!

Third - some crazy marketing thing to the youngsters - but NEVER Mid /Royal/Dark blue! - and we shouldn't wear it if we can wear our home or away kit (Its just about money anyway)

I think most of us are fond of our 'first' kits or the ones from our youth when we remember becoming a fan, but for me  - you stick with the established colours (and tweak it to justify a new one each year). We are not a stripes team (1957 was our away kit) - we are a claret shirt and blue arms team.  150 years, founders  - TRADITION...

Really set in your ways mate, aren't you?

Nah, change it up every 3-4 years to keep things interesting. The traditionalists can skip buying the kit the years we deviate from the claret body/blue sleeves.

A lot of my favourite Villa kits are variations from the norm.

• 82 - Blue sides as well as blue sleeves
  • 87-89 - Stripes / half half effect (Hummel)
  • 93-95 - Stripes (Asics)
  • 2011-12  - Chequered shirt / black socks. (Nike)
  • 2014-15 - Pin stripes (Macron - Yes, really. The only kit they made that I like)
  • 2018-19 - Claret sleeves & dark stripes (Luke)

I like a bit of innovation! 

• Like 1

If they've already done the photoshoots and there's any photos at all of Watkins in the new shirt, anyone in the media team in their right mind is pushing for the kit to be revealed surely. The amount of people who are gonna be looking up Watkins this morning to look at the goal and memes and stuff and if our new badge, new kit is mixed in with that, easy extra exposure. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â