Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

That's a good point, I guess whatever they've got planned for Monday is the way they want to do it and they're not going to move from that - but you'd think the club would do anything possible to profit from last night's interest. 

I guess we find out on Monday, 15th July has been the plan for months I believe. so hopefully they have something special in mind.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Too bad we've not released our new kit yet, we'd have sold about 50,000 with Watkins on the back in the last 2 hours.

This may be funny, but it's funny because it's true. We just gained a huge number of youth fans because loads of them follow footballers now rather than clubs. If he does it again in the final we need to have the kit available. Can't launch it the moment the game ends, it will get swamped by other news.  Launching it the day after loses a lot of the impulse purchases. 

Yeah, you can debate about football being gone, but the instant exposure and marketing potential that having everyone's favourite striker brings, helps set in a long term benefit that you can use to grow your genuine fan base. Launch the kit this week Villa.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

This may be funny, but it's funny because it's true. We just gained a huge number of youth fans because loads of them follow footballers now rather than clubs. If he does it again in the final we need to have the kit available. Can't launch it the moment the game ends, it will get swamped by other news.  Launching it the day after loses a lot of the impulse purchases. 

Yeah, you can debate about football being gone, but the instant exposure and marketing potential that having everyone's favourite striker brings, helps set in a long term benefit that you can use to grow your genuine fan base. Launch the kit this week Villa.

Yeah I was being a bit facetious, but you can bet Heck is kicking himself a little bit this Morning, or maybe looking at ways to expedite the launch or to ride the wave.

In the long term it can only be absolutely brilliant news that everyone in the country and beyond is hailing the rise of a new superstar. And he plays for Villa. Yeaaaaahh booooiiiiii.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Really set in your ways mate, aren't you?

In some things - Yes!  - certain things just don't need messing with - most of the really big clubs just keep the basics and tweak the trim  - we are a 150 year old established traditional club - just keep the 'look'.

All you 'fluid' sorts are welcome to buy the latest lime green training gear, or hideous third kits, but 'Old stick in the mud' me wants to watch Villa in claret shirts with light blue arms!

I never buy the kit anyway - but I hate watching us in black and yellow,  (muller green black and red) or 'shatter effect' shades of blue, and please no more darker blue......

Other things, they need to change......new badge?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ingers said:

In some things - Yes!  - certain things just don't need messing with - most of the really big clubs just keep the basics and tweak the trim  - we are a 150 year old established traditional club - just keep the 'look'.

All you 'fluid' sorts are welcome to buy the latest lime green training gear, or hideous third kits, but 'Old stick in the mud' me wants to watch Villa in claret shirts with light blue arms!

I never buy the kit anyway - but I hate watching us in black and yellow,  (muller green black and red) or 'shatter effect' shades of blue, and please no more darker blue......

Other things, they need to change......new badge?

My niche opinion is that a proper villa kit should have claret body, blue sleeves but the blue should stop before the shoulder! 

A good few of the recent kits have blue all the way up to the neck/collar.

The away kit and third kit are for experiments!

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My niche opinion is that a proper villa kit should have claret body, blue sleeves but the blue should stop before the shoulder! 

A good few of the recent kits have blue all the way up to the neck/collar.

The away kit and third kit are for experiments!

If you're going to be that prescriptive whats the point on even having a new kit? There has to be some level of variation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oooh another black goalie top too it seems. I'm gonna by broke by August.

I'm sure it's going to be very similar to his argie one. That template seems to be in use for all adidas teams.  They even use the same colours at some clubs.

• Like 2

Villa needs to capitalise on all the Ollie publicity in the media.

If Ollie were to do the same on Sunday .....how many shirts would we sell?

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

But wouldn't they buy a England #19 shirt?

22 hours ago, skarroki said:

If they've already done the photoshoots and there's any photos at all of Watkins in the new shirt, anyone in the media team in their right mind is pushing for the kit to be revealed surely. The amount of people who are gonna be looking up Watkins this morning to look at the goal and memes and stuff and if our new badge, new kit is mixed in with that, easy extra exposure. 

They will have the launch pictures done weeks ago and are probably having to redo any that had Dougie or Aleisha in them before they can launch the kit.

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Something like a tweet (or whatever it’s called) from the club saying “See Ollie Watkins in new Villa kit from x” and then add England/Watkins hashtags and it would garner interest. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Kind of done a 180 on this since yesterday. I think it's good to capitalise on the attention to promote the shirt, but I don't know how much it would convert to shirt sales. I've already spoken to someone who said they're getting a Watkins 19 shirt ready to watch the final.

Don't think any non-villa fan is buying our home kit and I would bet most Villa fans who want to buy into that moment will end up with an England shirt instead of a Villa shirt.

Better to wait for the kit release until after he's scored a perfect hat-trick in the final. 

Then the release can be Ollie wearing the new strip on the open top bus with the Euro trophy in one hand and a flag saying SOTC in the other. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â