Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

Scummy team. 

We weren’t great. One of this strange away performance we keep putting in where we’re the better team but don’t really look like winning. 

Luckily Ben Mee can’t help being a dirty piece of shit which got us out of jail a bit. 

We were very good after that even though we lost our heads a bit. Fully deserved the win in the end

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There should be some very ashamed people on here after that match thread.

Did you copy/paste that from the last away game? ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TomC said:

Good teams find a way to win. We finally found a way, although it took a Ben Mee gift to do it.

We still struggle to break down park-the-bus teams. We were ponderous. After they scored, it almost looked like Gerrard-ball. Chaos favors the attack. Don't wait for the perfect opportunity. Pump balls into the box and your chance will come.

We missed Doug running the show from deep. We missed Tielemans' through balls. We missed (until the second half) Bailey's runs.

McGinn had to play a different role without Doug and was restricted.

Moreno was still rusty but made amends.

I'll defend Cash as a RB but he is not a midfielder.

Poor self control from Emi and Kamara at the end. You're winning; let it go. That said, the ref let the game get out of hand and was really poor.

To be fair, I thought Brentford should have had a penalty for the shove in the back on the edge of the box.

Well, that was negative even though we won, so let me conclude with something positive. The second goal was a beauty. Great flick, great finish, great character to get there.

I really couldn't disagree with a post more than I do with this one.  Aimlessly pumping the ball into the box isn't the answer.  We passed around patiently knowing that the chances are that at some point a defender would switch off.  They did and Bailey picked out an unmarked Moreno with a perfect pass.  No-one has ever told Man City or Barcelona just to hoof the ball into the box. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why?

Yeah, heat of the moment stuff.

I commented that we can say goodbye to a top four finish if we can't even get a point at a place like Stokeford, happilly we turned it round.

Right, Ramsey is rusty, we would have gone in at least level at half time if he had been on top of his form, he needs games though and that one should sharpen him up.

Moreno started rusty as well but grew into the game and looks like he's well on the way back to starting. 

Cash......hes out of position and low on confidence, cutting in time after time when ,imo, he should be forcing his way down the outside and then either crossing or passing the ball back. I like him, he's a honest player and doesn't hide but he was poor first half.

Mee and Maupay, horrible players but we fell for Maupay's bollox and that's disappointing tbh , Martinez......kept us in the game with some standard but important saves but then Maupay dragged him in.

Torres.......went off limping, please no injury.

We lose that game 6 months ago, we are cementing our position as top 4 material,  gonna be hard but I think we have a very good chance. 

• Like 2