Atairos - new minority owners of Villa

ender4

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, I think regardless of who they are and what they could do for us, if they're just looking to make a buck, we're a decent investment for someone looking to put money somewhere.

(I think they're a bit more than that because I think NSWE want live partners and wouldn't just sell a chunk to a fund),

What's important is NS and WE didn't sell any shares they just took a dilution in their holding to get investment. Often bringing in investors with specific skills is a far better way than trying to hire people. I think Atarios sees a Club with potential to grow to a level near a Big 6 club and the comerical space/presence in the US. This is a growth in their investment and there are a lot of private equity funds in football now so there is an easier exit strategy in a 5 year time for example. I would expect their £50m in capital is funding the infrastructure projects (ie the work at Villa Park, the new accomodation etc.. ad Bodymoor Heath). These are fixed assets V Sports own so they will add the the companies value.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Any idea how a £1billion value compares to other PL teams?

Apparently Liverpool owners valued them at 4 billion when rumoured to be selling a few years back

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Well they’ve paid a total of £150mill for 26% of V.sports but then then the recent 5% purchased at £50mill values us at £1billion so who knows  

They got cheaper buying in bulk

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

Which one is it?   £600m or £1B valuation?

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Well they’ve paid a total of £150mill for 26% of V.sports but then then the recent 5% purchased at £50mill values us at £1billion so who knows  

It's both.

When they invested their first £100m, which itself came in two blocks I think, we were valued less so they got 21% for the pie for that amount. To extend their share, they had to put in half as much again but now we're worth more so they don't get an extra half of their ownership again, they only get 5%.

We were worth about 500m at the time of their first investments, now we're worth about 1000m.

I assume this is the usual owner investment to cover the losses that keep us debt free?  I think that's capped at 30m per year though (or 35m?) so some of it will also be for something else... 🤔 

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, I think regardless of who they are and what they could do for us, if they're just looking to make a buck, we're a decent investment for someone looking to put money somewhere.

(I think they're a bit more than that because I think NSWE want live partners and wouldn't just sell a chunk to a fund),

Exactly. £150m between NS and WE is relative chump change in the grand scheme of their wealth and their AV investment.

There's got to be an added value from Atairos or there's no point.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

Which one is it?   £600m or £1B valuation?

11 hours ago, thabucks said:

The best guide to the club's valuation *now* is implied by the most recent transaction, so it is currently valued at circa £1bn. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Exactly. £150m between NS and WE is relative chump change in the grand scheme of their wealth and their AV investment.

There's got to be an added value from Atairos or there's no point.

It's not a chump change. NSWE put in about £500m of their own money, so £150m it's about 30% of that. £500m is a lot of money, I wouldn't expect them being happy with funding our losses indefinitely.

They will be hoping for the club to mostly fund itself at this point I think. If you read the interview with Monchi and Vidagany in the Athletic, they were asked  what would villa do this summer if there was no PSR. They said we might have signed one more player perhaps. That makes me think they are reaching the point where they don't want to put much more of their own cash in. This would also explain why Villa Park extension was shelved.

It's no guarantee so far that this £50m is even for Villa: if it appears in the Companies House soon it'll be safe to assume so but it could easily be to help fund wider V Sports-related ventures, which seems to be expanding at a rapid pace.

48 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

£44m of this investment has now turned up as share investment in the various Villa companies on Companies House

I bet Heck has stolen the other £6m!!! Let's get him!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

They will be hoping for the club to mostly fund itself at this point I think. If you read the interview with Monchi and Vidagany in the Athletic, they were asked  what would villa do this summer if there was no PSR. They said we might have signed one more player perhaps. That makes me think they are reaching the point where they don't want to put much more of their own cash in. This would also explain why Villa Park extension was shelved.

Possibly. But might not be due to not wanting to put more money in. We have a very good squad, so it is difficult to find players who will actually improve us, are willing to come and are not asking for ridiculous wages. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â