Formula One - 2024

BOF

2 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

I agree, just be interesting to see how it plays out.

Say Norris qualifies on pole, with Piastri second.

Norris has to sort his starts out otherwise you'll have a situation where Piastri is quicker than him off the line, but then what does he do? Overtake him, or try and back up the pack in which case you'll have every behind him right on their ars*. Especially at this weekend at Baku, where that first corner is quite tight as well as the first sector.

Pastry should be doing everything to help Norris win the WDC. That's it. That's McLaren's sole job for the rest of the season. Everything else is irrelevant. The WCC will come off the back of that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Pastry should be doing everything to help Norris win the WDC. That's it. That's McLaren's sole job for the rest of the season. Everything else is irrelevant. The WCC will come off the back of that.

Agree, but Norris has got to help himself and be better. Especially his starts.

4 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

That's a given. Of course Norris needs to do better. But McLaren and Pastry need to assist him. Not get in his way,

14 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

It’s going to be a touchy subject you can sense already. Because Lando is not so much better than Piastri people will question the team. Especially with what has gone on before with Lando trying his best to go against what was previously agreed.

At Red Bull nobody would question orders for Perez to help Max where possible. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s going to be a touchy subject you can sense already. Because Lando is not so much better than Piastri people will question the team. Especially with what has gone on before with Lando trying his best to go against what was previously agreed.

At Red Bull nobody would question orders for Perez to help Max where possible. 

Pastry is a points magnet. I followed him from F3. He was not the fastest driver when he won the F3 title, but he was always there picking up points. On his day he was probably the 3rd fastest driver. But he never made mistakes. It was almost like he got promoted to F2 too quickly, and yet once he was there he did exactly the same thing. There or thereabouts every single weekend, and lo and behold, title. And now in F1. It wouldn't surprise me if Lando has reached his ceiling and Pastry is still learning and will surpass him next season. I still don't know what his ceiling is, but I know given the car he will absolutely win a title, and pressure will not affect him.

• Like 2

If I were Brown / Stella I’d be trying to rubbish the claims about a clear 1-2 and Piastri working for Lando till the end of the season otherwise it’s going to dominate all the race weekends now and the team being questioned on whether it’s the right thing.

Just say it’s normal business, strategy will be judged on a race by race basis.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

If I were Brown / Stella I’d be trying to rubbish the claims about a clear 1-2 and Piastri working for Lando till the end of the season otherwise it’s going to dominate all the race weekends now and the team being questioned on whether it’s the right thing.

Just say it’s normal business, strategy will be judged on a race by race basis.

It's not even a discussion IMO. You do what's right for the team. Everyone else outside of the team can spin on it for all anyone should care. If you don't like team orders then research the days where you had to come in during a race and give your car to the team leader.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's not even a discussion IMO. You do what's right for the team. Everyone else outside of the team can spin on it for all anyone should care. If you don't like team orders then research the days where you had to come in during a race and give your car to the team leader.

100%, it’s fair if there is a clear 1-2 within the team.

Schumacher and Rubens, Max and Sergio, Lewis and Bottas, etc.

If Mclaren have gone all in at this stage they are making an avoidable headache for themselves and they’ll quickly get fed up with being asked about it.

Edited by Genie

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's a given. Of course Norris needs to do better. But McLaren and Pastry need to assist him. Not get in his way,

Lets hope Pastry doesn't crumble. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Lets hope Pastry doesn't crumble. 

That's the one thing I've seen with him. He never does :D 

On 10/09/2024 at 12:29, BOF said:

He starts with them in March 2025 so the 2026 car will be his first car, but I wouldn't be surprised to see upgrades to the 2025 car once he definitely doesn't brings his Red Bull knowledge to the table.

It'd be interesting to see  the changes of position of the teams on the design rules going forward, I wonder if Red Bull and Aston Martin might suddenly be lobbying in favour of things they'd showed no interest in at all until very recently. 

McLaren don't have to have a clear 1-2 structure going forwards in order to appreciate that they've currently got one driver 44 points ahead of the other and with a chance of winning them a title. They should have been pushing this two races ago - they can start on a level playing field again next season, but they need to prioritise to take this opportunity.

38 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Leclerc and Colapinto have both stuck their cars in the wall in FP1. Looks like a fair bit of damage on both cars.

Now this is a sprint race I would watch.

F1 teams back 10-car non-championship sprint race for rookies at end of season

Plans for a post-season sprint race for rookies are moving closer to becoming a reality, Formula 1 team bosses say.

The concept was originally mooted for 2025 but Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said momentum is growing for the race to take place this year following the post-season test at Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi.

“It’s like all things in life, if you want it to happen, you make it happen,” said Horner. “I think there was a clear directive to let’s get the job done for this year. So obviously that puts pressure on the Sporting Working Groups and the various team managers to work with the FIA to come up with a set of regulations.”

Horner said the event is likely to take place in a single day and run to the same regulations used for Formula 1’s sprint races.

“I think mainly adopting sprint regs and so on it’s eminently do-able,” he said. “It doesn’t need to be overly complicated.”

Teams would enter just one car instead of two, said Horner, meaning the grid would contain just 10 cars. The qualifying session would therefore need to be adjusted as the current SQ1 and SQ2 phases would become meaningless.

“It’s just going to be a single car from each team rather than two cars,” he explained. “Effectively you’re just using the mileage in a different way as opposed to just performing during a test day.

More in link ...

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought it was amusing how F2 commentator sounds just like Martin Brundle, before realising it’s his son. Makes more sense.

Yep. He hasn't quite mastered the iconic Martin "no doubt about it", but otherwise he's good 😁

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â