Formula One - 2024

BOF

33 minutes ago, Farlz said:

McLaren fumbling 1-2s and extra Norris points is very beneficial keep it up 

1-2 I get. It was Piastri's win by right. Norris wouldn't have even been in that position without receiving earlier help from Piastri and it was Piastri's first win. But this? This was minor placings. No win at stake. Both still on the podium. No one owed anyone back. It was a straight championship decision. I don't understand it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

1-2 I get. It was Piastri's win by right. Norris wouldn't have even been in that position without receiving earlier help from Piastri and it was Piastri's first win. But this? This was minor placings. No win at stake. Both still on the podium. No one owed anyone back. It was a straight championship decision. I don't understand it.

Clearly trying to keep peace aren't they but it's coming at a cost to the WDC. The Red Bull is a mess right now, it's not as if Max it's just going to keep coming 2nd or 3rd right behind them. McLaren could quite easily rattle that gap down if they're serious, especially with Baku and Singapore next up. 

Hopefully they keep fumbling though just for this season. 

I love Lando but I think he might just be a bottler

This being bad at starts thing started as an amusing observation last season. But it's actually a real problem

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I love Lando but I think he might just be a bottler

This being bad at starts thing started as an amusing observation last season. But it's actually a real problem

I think Lando has got an arrogance about him that isn't justified yet. All of the champions in F1 have an arrogance about them, but they would if they had the quickest car, absolutely nail it and win the race a majority of the time.

There was a moment in the cool down room a few races ago. Lewis tried to congratulate Lando on a good drive and Lando retorted that it's easy to win when you have the quickest car and Lando is finding out it's not not so simple.

3 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Shocking record.

The responses are funny too. "Where all these meme accounts at now" : "Still here mate", "Right here", ""Still cooking" :lol: He's poked the hornet's nest. He's no doubt aware of the problem though, and he'll be working on it. If he gets it fixed he'll be fine.

I think it's a bit like a striker who can't get a goal. It probably plays on his mind so much that it's making it worse

Once he gets a race where he does lead after lap 1 he'll probably be fine.

That McLaren is clearly the best car on the grid right now so he'll have plenty of chances to put it right. But I think it's all too late to make a real tilt at the (driver's) title

Is it a coincidence how fast the Red Bull has fallen off since Newey said he was off? I thought these cars are engineered months in advance but it’s a strange coincidence that as soon as he checked out the car has gone from comfortably the best to 3rd/4th fastest in 1/4 of a season.

If it’s down to Newey taking his foot off the gas then the man is a genius.

I don't think the Red Bull has been the fastest car for quite a while. Even when Verstappen was winning the last of his races this season I felt it was him doing it. Extracting the maximum from it, while Sergio struggled to get out of Q1. By then I think the other cars in terms of pure performance had already caught up.  We're also now at the part of the season where developments and upgrades are bedding in, so this is exactly when teams will catch up to other teams who have taken their foot off the gas. And as you say, from a developmental point of view you could imagine Red Bull have switched focus to the 2025 car at this stage and with Newey out the door, this might be as fast as they're going to  get this season. Expect Max's pram to be launching massive amounts of toys for the rest of the season. But I suspect he'll have enough in hand, and that's if Lando did win every race. Which he won't. Ferrari are quick enough to take points too, as we saw on Sunday, and Max will inevitably have the odd good day too.

If you get the chance, listen to "The Race - F1 podcast" latest episode entitled "Is Antonelli really ready for F1?". I found the insight and knowledge from the guys to be really interesting.

Newey is reportedly going to be on £30m a year at Aston Martin, absolutely insane money for an engineer. He’ll be one of the UK’s highest earning “sportsmen”.

I supposed on the other hand it’s good that someone with such undeniable talent gets the big money!

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â