Formula One - 2024

BOF

Dynasties fall, and you can be damn sure 2026 will be the beginning of the next one.

8 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Jonathan Wheatley who is the sporting director at Red Bull, is off to join Audi as team principal.

On the face of it, Red Bull seem to be imploding. No longer the fastest car, a second driver who has been abysmal for months and senior figures leaving.

Max and Horner both unpopular within the team (for different reasons) too.

Newey already committed to leaving.

It really could implode.

I still have a suspicion Max will end up in Lewis’s vacated seat at Mercedes.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Dynasties fall, and you can be damn sure 2026 will be the beginning of the next one.

Amazed how quick it's fallen apart though. One could speculate that everything that happened with the stuff regarding Horner has only accelerated it.

Just now, Genie said:

Max and Horner both unpopular within the team (for different reasons) too.

Newey already committed to leaving.

It really could implode.

I still have a suspicion Max will end up in Lewis’s vacated seat at Mercedes.

There is also the prospect of the RBPT-Ford powertrain for the 2026 season being an absolute dud as well which it may well could be. RBPT have only really serviced the Honda engines and Ford haven't been around F1 for nearly a couple of decades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

There is also the prospect of the RBPT-Ford powertrain for the 2026 season being an absolute dud as well which it may well could be. RBPT have only really serviced the Honda engines and Ford haven't been around F1 for nearly a couple of decades.

Didn’t Red Bull have different engines a few years back which were shite? Maybe Renault ones? 

5 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Amazed how quick it's fallen apart though. One could speculate that everything that happened with the stuff regarding Horner has only accelerated it.

Yeah you could tell that did not go down well internally, just by the stuff that was leaking out. And then when the actual chat got leaked by you-know-who, that lit the touchpaper. Whatever problems they were having up to that point from a technical standpoint, this certainly meant those problems were trickier to fix within a more fractured team. I do often wonder (and question) whether Helmut Marko is a positive or a negative influence on that team overall. He's like their Rasputin. Involved but not really involved, and also capable of causing absolute chaos.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Didn’t Red Bull have different engines a few years back which were shite? Maybe Renault ones? 

They had Renault engines when Renault completely dropped the ball at the start of the V6 turbo hybrid era. Changed to Honda in 2019 after Honda got their act together after McLaren got rid of them. And they've been Honda ever since.

Carlos Sainz just chose Williams over Renault Alpine even though one of Alpine's selling points to him was that they're dropping their own engine for a Merc one. Imagine that. That's how shit Renault are. Even Renault don't want them.

• Haha 1

Just now, BOF said:

Carlos Sainz just chose Williams over Renault Alpine even though one of Alpine's selling points to him was that they're dropping their own engine for a Merc one. Imagine that. That's how shit Renault are. Even Renault don't want them.

Alpine are a joke of a team and have been since the mid 2000's in their various guises. Apart from that spell of around 2012-2013 when Kimi won a few races and was regularly on the podium.

But how can a factory team (apart from a few years in the mid 2010's) be so incredibly bad. 

If they do sack off their own engine's and become a Merc engined team, think that really does open up the prospect of Andretti potentially buying them.

I have fond memories of Renault when they had that ludicrously good launch control software that just sent them flying past people at the starts. I think it was when Alonso was there. Also coming out of slow corners nobody could touch them, whilst other drivers had to blend the power in they could just floor it and the software did the rest. 

Then the driving aids got banned :lol: 

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

I have fond memories of Renault when they had that ludicrously good launch control software that just sent them flying past people at the starts. I think it was when Alonso was there. Also coming out of slow corners nobody could touch them, whilst other drivers had to blend the power in they could just floor it and the software did the rest. 

Probably one of my earliest memories of F1 was watching that Renault with Alonso. Was a rocket ship, especially in 05.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Alpine are a joke of a team and have been since the mid 2000's in their various guises. Apart from that spell of around 2012-2013 when Kimi won a few races and was regularly on the podium.

But how can a factory team (apart from a few years in the mid 2010's) be so incredibly bad. 

If they do sack off their own engine's and become a Merc engined team, think that really does open up the prospect of Andretti potentially buying them.

Because they're French and they fall out with each other. I always find it very amusing that they then hired 2 French drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Really a possibility that Hamilton will be a long way behind Leclerc next season, age has caught up with him.

Maybe Ferrari got rid of Sainz because they wanted a genuine number 2 🤔😛

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Really a possibility that Hamilton will be a long way behind Leclerc next season, age has caught up with him.

Hamilton won 2 of the last 3 races :lol:. He’s finished in the top 4 in all of the last 6 races. 

Maybe it was a joke that went over my head.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â