Formula One - 2024

BOF

Norris should have let him through earlier and then hounded him all the way.  May well have seen another small mistake from Piastri or just got past him on pace.

I just don't get how you can cheer Max. 

Maybe if it was wrestling and he was putting on a great heel act, but the guys an absolute clearing in the woods. How does anyone pick that prick as their guy?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't get how you can cheer Max. 

Maybe if it was wrestling and he was putting on a great heel act, but the guys an absolute clearing in the woods. How does anyone pick that prick as their guy?

Cos they have gone all in on him being the greatest driver of all time.

Missed today's one altogether because I was travelling ☹️ Sounds like it was decent.

On 21/07/2024 at 16:58, Farlz said:

The Max is the devil and Lando is an angel narrative we have in here is crazy at times. 

They're both as bad as one another come on now, clearly becoming more evident now he has a race winning car. Lando in the cooldown room not taking a compliment from Lewis before then quickly switching his PR on. 

careful-fanboy.gif

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

And Ocon signs with Haas.

Not unsurprising.

What seats are officially left?

1x Merc

1x Sauber

1x Alpine

1x Williams

1x RB

If I'd have to have a guess

Antonelli

Bottas

Doohan

Haven't got a clue about Williams

Lawson

5 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Not unsurprising.

What seats are officially left?

1x Merc

1x Sauber

1x Alpine

1x Williams

1x RB

If I'd have to have a guess

Antonelli

Bottas

Doohan

Haven't got a clue about Williams

Lawson

I'd guess maybe Sainz alongside Hulkenberg at Audi Sauber.

2 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Reckon we may see Magnussen end at up at Williams?

I like Magnussen, and I'm surprised at how much he's being bossed around by Hulkenberg, but I dunno. I kinda hope we don't see him, only because I want a proper shake-up in the grid. I want new faces. The F1 roster has been too stagnant for too long now. People are getting in at 20 years of age and staying for over a decade. It's like a closed shop. Winning F2 means very little now for your prospects of moving up. I'd like to see someone like Victor Martins, Dennis Hauger or Ayumu Iwasa step up next. Assuming Lawson, Doohan and/or Antonelli do as well. Or even bring Theo Pourchaire back over from Indycar.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Are Mercedes holding out for Max?

Who knows. My own assumption is they're stalling for Alonso if Antonelli doesn't prove to be the second coming (of Max). Alonso is even getting grumpy over the radio at Aston these days. But maybe they're making moves in the background for Max. I doubt they'd have a chance at him.

I thought Sainz was heavily rumoured to be taking the Williams seat.

Which seems like a crazy drop for him, but still

• Like 1

Speaking of rumours, very VERY heavily rumoured that Verstappen is taking a 10 place grid penalty for an engine change this weekend

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Speaking of rumours, very VERY heavily rumoured that Verstappen is taking a 10 place grid penalty for an engine change this weekend

Yeah I'm assuming he is. That's been for a while.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm sure he'll be fine coming through traffic.

I'm just happy we're not where we were a year ago where he'd probably have still been first after about 15 laps

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm just happy we're not where we were a year ago where he'd probably have still been first after about 1.5 laps

FTFY.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â