Formula One - 2024

BOF

15 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Bearing in mind the FIA would be listening what did you expect them to say on the radio. It's what they said in private that would be of interest.

“Max, bad news I’m afraid but we can get into the detail of it when you’re back”

5 hours ago, Genie said:

“Max, bad news I’m afraid but we can get into the detail of it when you’re back”

Sorry, just can't see Red Bull or any team getting into it on team radio. Was Max at fault, absolutely and I can understand why Lando would be peeved. Hopefully Lando can exact revenge at the weekend

8 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s reports (probably BS) that Danika Patrick has been sacked by SkySports as a presenter / pundit because of the content of her podcasts. Those being conspiracy theories around the world being inhabited and controlled by lizard people.

The podcast conspiracy content part seems to be legit, not sure if she really has been sacked because of them though.

If true she should be sacked for it. Mental cow. And she's not even that hot to boot. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s reports (probably BS) that Danika Patrick has been sacked by SkySports as a presenter / pundit because of the content of her podcasts. Those being conspiracy theories around the world being inhabited and controlled by lizard people.

The podcast conspiracy content part seems to be legit, not sure if she really has been sacked because of them though.

She’s fallen off the radar here, so I have no idea if she’s any good as a commentator 

As for the conspiracy theory part, she was romantically involved with noted crackpot Aaron Rodgers for some time. Clearly birds of a feather 

I did a quick search because I had no idea what was said on her podcast. I found this- no way I am watching/listening but including it here as a community service 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If true she should be sacked for it. Mental cow. And she's not even that hot to boot. 

To be fair, she is hotter than most ex-driver-turned-commentator types you see on races 

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

She’s fallen off the radar here, so I have no idea if she’s any good as a commentator 

As for the conspiracy theory part, she was romantically involved with noted crackpot Aaron Rodgers for some time. Clearly birds of a feather 

I did a quick search because I had no idea what was said on her podcast. I found this- no way I am watching/listening but including it here as a community service 

I just listened to a random 2 minutes and it’s batshit crazy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She does have history in saying stupid stuff and upsetting people.

On a related note and I hope this doesn't come across as sexist, 3 women fronting the afters how on Sky on Sunday........ I am fine with them having females on there, Bernie is great but if this continues I will be cancelling Sky as what they have done this year is definitely a downgrade.

55 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

She does have history in saying stupid stuff and upsetting people.

On a related note and I hope this doesn't come across as sexist, 3 women fronting the afters how on Sky on Sunday........ I am fine with them having females on there, Bernie is great but if this continues I will be cancelling Sky as what they have done this year is definitely a downgrade.

Bernie is proof that gender isn't the problem. She's very good at what she does, she gives actual valuable insight into things and you learn from listening to her because she has expertise in the industry. She's an expert.

It does the female cause no good putting women there for the sake of it to make up the numbers. In fact putting crap women there actually sets the cause back, because then the actually sexist people can point at those ones and say 'look, I told you women are no good' etc.  There's no doubting there are people who'll never be happy with it no matter which woman is in front of them. But I've seen nothing but universal praise for the addition of Bernie since she's been on, and it's convinced me of a long held belief. Put the right women on the air and 90% of people will be absolutely fine with it.

Totally agree but they had Jonny Herbert and Damon who have driven in F1 and they have either gone or used occasionally. The guy who normally presents has not been on hardly at all and I thought he did a decent job. Then we had the studio debacle at the start of the season, it all just feels a massive downgrade on last season and the subs ain't cheap.

We gave Verstappen “hardest” penalty possible for Norris collision, says steward

More in the link ...

We gave Verstappen “hardest” penalty possible for Norris collision, says steward

Former Formula 1 driver Johnny Herbert, one of the stewards during last weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix, says there was no harsher penalty they could have given over the collision between the race leaders.

They issued Max Verstappen a 10-second time penalty and two endorsement points on his licence for causing a collision with Lando Norris while they were fighting over the lead.

Herbert was present as the drivers’ advisor as part of the four-person stewarding team, alongside Felix Holter, Matthew Selley and Wilhelm Singer. He said there was no doubt among them who was to blame for the incident on lap 64.

“When we were watching it, it immediately came down to whose fault was it,” he said in comments reported by the Daily Express. “And it was Max’s.”

Johnny Herbert, Red Bull Ring, 2024
Verstappen received “hardest” penalty, said Herbert

Verstappen’s 10-second time penalty made no different to his eventual finishing position of fifth. Although the stewards can issue stiffer penalties including drive-through and stop-go penalties, there are further guidelines which indicate what should be applied for different types of offences.

The stewards stated Verstappen’s penalty was applied “in line with precedents” and Herbert said there was no stricter penalty available.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Haas have announced that Bearman will drive for them in 2025.

Leaves 6 seats remaining for 2025. If I were to guess:

Sainz to Williams

Lawson to RB

Bottas to Haas

Doohan to Alpine

Antonelli to Merc

And no idea who takes the other Sauber seat

Edited by Avfc96
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Haas have announced that Bearman will drive for them in 2025.

Leaves 6 seats remaining for 2025. If I were to guess:

Sainz to Williams

Lawson to RB

Bottas to Haas

Doohan to Alpine

Antonelli to Merc

And no idea who takes the other Sauber seat

You think Ocon drops out? 

Sidcow Junior is there this weekend as a birthday present.  My god they know how to suck the money out of you though.  The headline ticket price, whilst extortionate enough in itself is only the start of it.

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You think Ocon drops out? 

Had forgot about Ocon!

Could see him ending up at Sauber/Audi

35 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If the Silverstone crowd could choose a British winner for Sunda, who would get the most votes?

My guess would be Lando.

• Like 1

Marc looking very quick in practice, as they have done practically all season. Albeit in the rain.

Think pole will be another shootout between Max and Lando.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â