Formula One - 2024

BOF

7 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Finally a very good race.

Albon has to be one of the unluckiest driver there is. Then you have Logan sergeant who looks like a competition winner.

Logan looked like he was driving on slicks 😂

18 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

All races need to be under wet conditions. This race was actually worth watching 

It's ignited the discussion in some places about artificial weather again.

I just don't think that would work.
The forecast and the unknown is half of what makes wet races exciting. If it was artificial then either you would know exactly when it would rain or not rain, which removes half of the excitement.

Or you'd have to fake a weather forecast somehow. 

I just don't think it would work

Artificial weather is the wrong answer to the question. The correct answer involves only going to circuits which meet criteria for allowing racing/over taking plus changing regulations on the vehicles to support overtaking (make the cars smaller).

They know this, they have always known it. Whilst we see the graphic every race about record breaking numbers watching the races they won’t really prioritise the racing. It’s just one element to the powers that be.

Whilst the circuits are paying the money. The punters are buying the tickets and merch. The broadcasters are buying the rights. The celebrities are turning up on the grid and they have 10+ teams willing to participate then making it fun to watch will be on the back burner.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's ignited the discussion in some places about artificial weather again.

I just don't think that would work.
The forecast and the unknown is half of what makes wet races exciting. If it was artificial then either you would know exactly when it would rain or not rain, which removes half of the excitement.

Or you'd have to fake a weather forecast somehow. 

I just don't think it would work

Oh god no, not artificial weather. 

But you can see why is talked as a possibility. Wet races are a lot more enjoyable to watch. Purely for the fact, it’s impossible to plan for. What tires to put on and when to change them made yesterday’s race a hell of lot more compelling. 

35 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Oh god no, not artificial weather. 

But you can see why is talked as a possibility. Wet races are a lot more enjoyable to watch. Purely for the fact, it’s impossible to plan for. What tires to put on and when to change them made yesterday’s race a hell of lot more compelling. 

Yeah exactly, and that's why it's exciting, because it's so hard to plan for.

If everyone knew when it would rain then they'd just all change tyres at the right time and it would carry on as normal

• Like 1

Logan Sargent has been out qualified by his teammate Albon in every race since his debut. 30-0

But he’s out qualified Sergio Perez 6 times

• Haha 1

I wonder if Perez is the Formula 1 equivalent of someone like Marcus Rashford. Has a deal at the big team and just doesn’t give a shit anymore. Phones it in every week.

On 09/06/2024 at 21:05, CarryOnVilla said:

All races need to be under wet conditions. This race was actually worth watching 

The scheduling could help that, have more European races early/late in the season when it's more likely to rain. 

Just now, villa89 said:

The scheduling could help that, have more European races early/late in the season when it's more likely to rain. 

I like your thinking. 

also someone else on here said have Monaco as the last race, largely to be ceremonial, but if it’s a close season and ending it with a wet November Monaco would be pretty exciting 

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I like your thinking. 

also someone else on here said have Monaco as the last race, largely to be ceremonial, but if it’s a close season and ending it with a wet November Monaco would be pretty exciting 

I can’t agree with that, it would fill everyone with dread to have the culmination of a tight season at such an awful track. Basically win qualifying and you’re done.

Last race should always be Brazil, fun track to race on plus the changeable weather

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â