Formula One - 2024

BOF

Well at least we know the answer to the question “how do you make Monaco even more boring?”, take away the pit stops. 

Lando getting a pit stop window on Russell threatened to be mildly interesting. If he’d managed to throw some soft tyres on and retain track position then maybe something might have happened.

i mean it probably wouldn’t have happened. But thinking it could happen might have been a bit interesting. A little bit

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Pretty much the only chance to overtake is out of the tunnel into turn 10/11.

Why don’t they just take that chicane away and have an extra long run up to turn 12? Surely that would be better and encourage some overtaking 

Monoco_Circuit.png

I was pondering this myself. 

I think the answer is probably that, given the track is so narrow going into turn 12 and there’s obviously no run off areas, that to have the cars going that fast would actually be super dangerous. 

Im also not sure the braking zone into turn 12 is that big so it might not turn it into as good of an overtaking opportunity as you’d think. 

• Like 1

I’ve said it before, but I’d put Monaco as the last race of the season and treat it like the Tour de France final stage. 

Maybe award the points for qualifying and then have the race as a literal procession. 

All the rich people still get their day out, it stays on the calendar, and in fact gets even more prestigious because it’s where the champion is crowned. 

But we do away with the farce of it pretending to be a real race

• Like 3

On 27/05/2024 at 00:04, Stevo985 said:

I’ve said it before, but I’d put Monaco as the last race of the season and treat it like the Tour de France final stage. 

Maybe award the points for qualifying and then have the race as a literal procession. 

All the rich people still get their day out, it stays on the calendar, and in fact gets even more prestigious because it’s where the champion is crowned. 

But we do away with the farce of it pretending to be a real race

And the Côte d'Azur in November/December would definitely liven up the conditions :) 

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Interesting stats, Formula 1 has lost its way somehow

https://i.ibb.co/2K6tjVc/IMG-0592.jpg

The daft thing about that is that it isn't even really a like for like comparison as the electric cars only do around 30 laps compared to the 78 lap dirge that is F1. More overtakes per lap than in the entire F1 race this year. It's not as if they are tiny cars either, sure they are smaller than F1 cars but only by around 50cm length and 10cms width and not a huge amount of difference in weight, if anything the E cars are/were heavier yet they still manage to actually race rather than just follow.

• Like 1

Slower and better acceleration I think. 

They’re made for tracks like that. All of the formula E tracks are narrow street circuits. 

Alpine have announced Ocon will be leaving at the end of the season. Doohan to step up and take the seat next year possibly?

On 01/06/2024 at 21:20, Stevo985 said:

Slower and better acceleration I think. 

They’re made for tracks like that. All of the formula E tracks are narrow street circuits. 

Whereas F1 are adding more tight, windy street circuits and at the same time making the cars bigger and bigger.

18 hours ago, Farlz said:

Alpine are a proper shambles. 

They are. But the first step towards fixing it is getting rid of the root causes, of which Ocon is one.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Doohan to step up and take the seat next year possibly?

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

Watched some Indycar on the weekend. I was surprised to see Theo Pourchaire plying his trade there.

I thought we'd see him in F1. I don't watch that much F2 but what I did watch he seemed to be one of the better ones

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Watched some Indycar on the weekend. I was surprised to see Theo Pourchaire plying his trade there.

I thought we'd see him in F1. I don't watch that much F2 but what I did watch he seemed to be one of the better ones

Yeah he was in Super Formula and pulled out when McLaren expanded their Indycar programme and gave him a seat. He had a lively Detroit though, and after being involved in a crash with Argentine racer Agustin Canapino, has attracted the wrath of Canapino's lunatic fanbase. Seemingly they're notorious, and his team are as bad.

This will give you some idea.

On lap 60 of the chaotic IndyCar Detroit Grand Prix, Arrow McLaren driver Théo Pourchaire and Argentine racer Agustín Canapino made contact on a restart. Now, Pourchaire — only in his third race — has admitted to receiving “so much hate and death threats” as a result.

Little was made of the contact during the NBC broadcast, but on social media on Monday evening, Arrow McLaren was forced to issue a post on X pleading, “Arrow McLaren and @juncoshollinger will not tolerate any form of abuse or discrimination. Those participating in such actions are not welcome in our online community.”

Théo Pourchaire soon quoted the post to add, “I’m sad I received so much hate and death threats in the last 24 hours for such a small incident in the Detroit GP. I hope people can understand that we are all humans and we can make mistakes. But it’s not n

ormal to abuse people online.. Please be kind to each other,” followed by two emojis.

Canapino was a hugely popular touring car driver in his native Argentina before the Juncos Hollinger Racing team invested in IndyCar and brought the Argentine racer to the team. Since Canapino’s first IndyCar race in 2023, the driver has been involved in quite a few on-track incidents that have led his fanbase to tear down the competition.

Similar attack rained down on Ilott at Laguna Seca later in the season, only reinforcing Ilott’s decision to leave when Juncos Hollinger refused to push back against the furor of the Argentine fans.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah he was in Super Formula and pulled out when McLaren expanded their Indycar programme and gave him a seat. He had a lively Detroit though, and after being involved in a crash with Argentine racer Agustin Canapino, has attracted the wrath of Canapino's lunatic fanbase. Seemingly they're notorious, and his team are as bad.

This will give you some idea.

Yeah I saw the incident. Think Pourchaire just missed his braking point. Nothing he could do after that really

Just now, Genie said:

Why would they give him a new contract? 

I'm more surprised it's 2 years.

With the way McLaren and Ferrari are progressing they could be in trouble for the constructors this year and 2025 but I guess if Max carries them to a drivers title they won't care. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â