Weekends Football 10/12 November

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think you'd see many fans arguing with players for losing a game of football when they're in the CL for the first time in about 20 years.

Sure we all get immune to success and the novelty wears off and you always want more and more improvement...but this soon?

All that’s happened is that a player has decided to chat back. Normally they just walk off. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. I cant remember the last time 3 promoted teams all went down . Its been a while. I think the writing is on the wall for that.

I think leicester are better than all 4 of them and maybe ipswich leeds

For those interested -

Only once in Premier League history have all three promoted teams gone straight back down again. That was in 1997-98 when Barnsley, Bolton and Crystal Palace were relegated.

Last season was the fourth time since 1992-93 that all three promoted sides (Fulham, Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest) have avoided the drop - following 2001-02 (Blackburn, Bolton and Fulham), 2011-12 (QPR, Norwich and Swansea) and 2017-18 (Brighton, Huddersfield and Newcastle).

BBC link

No idea on when it last happened prior to the Premier League.

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Aston Villa on 22 points: Amazing! Incredible manager! On fire!!!!

ManU on 21 points: The crisis deepens! Horrible players! ETH has lost the plot! 

It’s one thing you see both with Manchester United supporters AND Manchester United haters: A belief in MU’s “right” to be great. 

Our 22 points look way more sustainable than their 21, that's the main issue I think. You can only scrape by the likes of Luton and Sheffield United for so long before it catches up to you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Our 22 points look way more sustainable than their 21, that's the main issue I think. You can only scrape by the likes of Luton and Sheffield United for so long before it catches up to you.

True but also they can't play worse than they are now right??

27 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

True but also they can't play worse than they are now right??

Once they start playing more of the good teams, absolutely. They've yet to play us, Liverpool, Newcastle and even Chelsea. Their wins were against Wolves, Forest, Burnley, Sheffield United, Brentford, Fulham and Luton. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Just watching motd. That Sarabia goal for Wolves. Wow. Incredible technique.

It's Wolves though, so will be forgotten about tomorrow, if it was Haaland or Martinelli, you would probably have it on Sky as a replay instead of that Auguro goal they still ***** show inbetween adverts.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Once they start playing more of the good teams, absolutely. They've yet to play us, Liverpool, Newcastle and even Chelsea. Their wins were against Wolves, Forest, Burnley, Sheffield United, Brentford, Fulham and Luton. 

They've lost against every decent side they've played (Spurs, Arsenal, Brighton, Man City).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Why forest couldn't be that calamitous last week? Typical

Most of the bottom half teams live or die on their home form so are still quite tough to beat there. If they get weak at home they're toast. Out away from is still top 6-8 level. But our home form is league winning form

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â