Midweek Football 6/9 November

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Commentator on Peacock is whingeing about how VAR has ruined the spectacle of the game, but the players have been acting like idiots all half. Are the officials just supposed to ignore everything so that 11 men stay on the field for each team?

That's what they do for Man City.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Some baffling takes there from Carragher and Sturridge. Kicking out not a red and not blocking the Gks view "too bad" shouldn't be offside 😂

I dont think that should be offside. Its miles away from the goal, its gone through his legs at pace, the keeper isn't adjusting because the Chelsea forward might get a touch, it's made no difference to his ability to save it.

Unlike the Fulham/City one, where the defender is yards offside, can play the ball and literally jumps over it. Oh and of course that one was given as fine. 

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

I dont think that should be offside. Its miles away from the goal, its gone through his legs at pace, the keeper isn't adjusting because the Chelsea forward might get a touch, it's made no difference to his ability to save it.

Unlike the Fulham/City one, where the defender is yards offside, can play the ball and literally jumps over it. Oh and of course that one was given as fine. 

I think anyone between the width of the posts should be offside but appreciate it's a difficult one when it's subjective.

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I think anyone between the width of the posts should be offside but appreciate it's a difficult one when it's subjective.

I dont mind as long as its consistent but it's not. Very hard for these officials to judge if it impacts a goalkeeper IMO. But again, we will see an identical or worse situation given as a goal in a few weeks time.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â