Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

The capital of Thailand is not called Bangkok

ah you mean

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

it is still Bangkok though just by another name

The capital of Thailand is not called Bangkok

ah you mean

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

it is still Bangkok though just be another name

Well it is the place that we know as Bangkok, but as I understand it only foreigners know it as bangkok, it hasn't actually been called bangkok for aaaaaaaaaaages. My memory is vague, it's something that was on QI. Stephen Fry is never wrong.

Well it is the place that we know as Bangkok, but as I understand it only foreigners know it as bangkok

Bombay / Mumbai or Chennai / Madras ,

the Indians still only refer to the place as Bombay for example but it's still Mumbai

think Fry was wrong tbh , unless you've mis quoted him :winkold:

Mr Fry is right

The capital and largest city of Thailand is Bangkok. It is also the country's centre of political, commercial, industrial and cultural activities. Bangkok is known in Thai as "Krung Thep Mahanakorn," or, more colloquially, "Krung Thep."

and wrong - depends where you are and what language

The opposite end from the hitting bit of the hammer is called the peen.

Only for the Ball Peen Hammer, this isn't the case for a claw hammer, a framing hammer, a geologists hammer or a lump hammer. Sorry... :)

Only in 'forn parts.

In Good old Blighty it's ball-pein. :)

Useless facts and trivia day is 9th March.

The name Seoul, capital of South Korea, just means 'capital' in Korean.

That's a bit like the fact that most Native American tribe names - like "Cheyenne" - just mean "people" or "human beings" in their particular language.

Well it is the place that we know as Bangkok, but as I understand it only foreigners know it as bangkok

Bombay / Mumbai or Chennai / Madras ,

the Indians still only refer to the place as Bombay for example but it's still Mumbai

Yeah, if it's called Mumbai, how come the local film industry isn't called "Mummywood"? Eh? Eh?

Only for the Ball Peen Hammer, this isn't the case for a claw hammer, a framing hammer, a geologists hammer or a lump hammer. Sorry... :)

Only in 'forn parts.

So what about the claw hammer I've got that has a, erm, claw, on it?

Only in 'forn parts.

This has made me look very silly. I've had to apologise to my friends for giving them false pieces of completely useless information. Thanks a lot VT

Only in 'forn parts.

This has made me look very silly. I've had to apologise to my friends for giving them false pieces of completely useless information. Thanks a lot VT

Surely the opposite end of a lump hammer is....a lump hammer?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â