Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have a look at that photo again and notice how close the corner house is to the one in the next street. 2 meters tops or is this silly regulation only meant for houses whose rears are exactly parallel to each other. It clearly has no rear windows but the pedant in me says that isn't what the tweet is claiming

Pedantic as ever :D

They don’t face each other at the rear, it’s side to rear.

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Mod on mod violence. We dream of this. 

We once had a massive disagreement about music. I thought the B***les were largely massively overrated dross and Bicks thought they were entirely massively overrated dross. Daggers I tell ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

They don’t face each other at the rear, it’s side to rear.

Ah yes, I agree but I guarantee you'd see the lady next door's nipples at that distance :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah yes, I agree but I guarantee you'd see the lady next door's nipples at that distance :D

Yes, but the test was done using men's nipples. Flawed experiment, needs to be revisited. Large tracts of housing may need to be demolished and rebuilt. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Sorry but I'm calling that out as bollocks

Just a Google maps screeny of a new development by where I live on what I would describe as a typical new housing estate

If those houses are 21 meters apart I'll eat something I don't like

Hell they have even started building terraced houses again

houses.png

Soulless battery farm boxes. Postage stamp gardens, poor build quality and not adequate parking provisions. I don't know why people move into them. Give that a few years and there will be cars parked everywhere and neighbours fighting and arguing. Like that horrible incident in Somerset where the ex army bloke killed his neighbours due to parking disputes. 

Loads of similar developments in Lichfield and Telford. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Soulless battery farm boxes. Postage stamp gardens, poor build quality and not adequate parking provisions. I don't know why people move into them. Give that a few years and there will be cars parked everywhere and neighbours fighting and arguing. Like that horrible incident in Somerset where the ex army bloke killed his neighbours due to parking disputes. 

Not going to happen on that estate, some of those houses are 300K, especially the ones at the front with exquisite view of the massive culvert they had to build because the houses are built on a flood plain that even the local farmers said was shit land

The culvert is so big they've had to position lifebuoys along the road

Planning permission was refused three times because of the flood plain issue

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Those kind of developments are all over Swindon

1 hour ago, Xela said:

£23k to build a 2 bed house like the ones on that estate, make it 30k if you want 3 beds. May not include the land.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hans Zimmer, the noted film score composer, is also responsible for the theme tune of the classic euro 1980's quiz, Going for Gold.

My wife found an episode of Going for Gold on Youtube on Sunday and we watched it with her parents.  

Having been too young for it, I thought how cack it was.  Bloody hard questions as well! 😐 

34 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My wife found an episode of Going for Gold on Youtube on Sunday and we watched it with her parents.  

Having been too young for it, I thought how cack it was.  Bloody hard questions as well! 😐 

It was one of my favourite day time quizzes. No dumbing down, really great. Catchy theme tune too. 

On 22/07/2022 at 10:53, mjmooney said:

Yes, but the test was done using men's nipples. Flawed experiment, needs to be revisited. Large tracts of housing may need to be demolished and rebuilt. 

Additional complication:   As  not all women's nipples are the same size (I've done some research on this and confirmed that it's true!), the rebuilt homes will need to be placed on rails so they can be repositioned accordingly as the need arises when ownership is transferred.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â