Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Towards the end of the First World War, a 15 year old Ray Kroc of McDonalds notoriety met 16 year old Walt Disney when they trained to drive ambulances for the Red Cross.

Kroc regarded “Diz” as a “strange duck” because instead of heading out to town when able to, he chose to stay on the base, drawing pictures. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Towards the end of the First World War, a 15 year old Ray Kroc of McDonalds notoriety met 16 year old Walt Disney when they trained to drive ambulances for the Red Cross.

Kroc regarded “Diz” as a “strange duck” because instead of heading out to town when able to, he chose to stay on the base, drawing pictures. 

As an aside it's the anniversary of the very first McDonalds opening today. 

• Like 1

I suspect this is already well known, but comedian Albert Brooks - he of Taxi Driver, Drive, Finding Nemo and Hank Scorpio fame - his real surname is Einstein.

I knew of Bob Einstein of Curb your enthusiasm, but I hadn’t realised his brother was Albert.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Snickers, formerly Marathon in the UK, is named after the Mars family's favourite horse.

The horse died shortly before the bar was launched.

so the Hoss was named Marathon and he died shortly before it was originally released or the Hoss was named Snickers and they launched the Snickers bar shortly after he died?

No-one can prove who invented the American Fire Hydrant because the patent papers were lost in a fire at the patent office. 

Americam scientists calculated that a salary of $75,000 is the optimum for happiness.  Below that you have unhappiness caused by unfulfilled need.  Above that you pay exponentially more to buy anything that improves your happiness. 

59 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

No-one can prove who invented the American Fire Hydrant because the patent papers were lost in a fire at the patent office. 

Im not sure,but I think a dog invented the American fire hydrant.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/05/2022 at 19:52, PussEKatt said:

Im not sure,but I think a dog invented the American fire hydrant.

To pee on.Before that a dog would often fall over when it cocked its leg to pee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Albania did not attend the summer Olympics from 1976 to 1988, with no official reason why they did not take part in either the Montreal or Seoul games.

They are also one of four European nations not to have won a single Olympic medal. The 3 others are Bosnia, Andorra and Monaco.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Johnny Cash was the first person outside of the Soviet Union to know about the death of Stalin

Did you know that one @Seat68?

I did, through his airforce work. He was a telegram operator and also intercepted Morse code. It was via the latter he learned of Stalin's death. He was stationed in Germany at the time. Also where he started to take music a little seriously. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â