Celebrity Scandals

ml1dch

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m not saying it does , but it may explain some of his actions if true .

Not really, a sex addict is a sex addict, a rapist is a rapist, rape has far more to do with power than actual sex

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not really, a sex addict is a sex addict, a rapist is a rapist, rape has far more to do with power than actual sex

The stories that one of the alleged victims told about his eyes going black during sex was very disturbing

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

A lot comes down to he said/she said at the end of the day. 

It's rare a third party witnesses a rape. 

Same with these murders, so many strangulation cases are defended by she liked kinky sex. It's a really common defe. 

Has one man on here ever had a girlfriend who liked a bit of strangulation during sex. Yet to the world is full of them apparently. Prove me wrong. 

Yes. But you need to be gentle (well up to some kind of safe, agreed point) and it needs to be something that has been asked for. And tbh I don’t like it, it creeps me out

39 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think as men we have to commit to raising ur sons to the highest standard. (I'm of course assuming that the vast majority of posters on here are male.)

I have two sons and it's vital that I teach them to respect their mothers, female friends at school and in the neighborhood. To point out and argue against any kind of misogyny especially when it's insidious in a "nudge nudge wink wink kind of way."

Beyond that, as some posters have already expressed, there is a general despair at the values we are confronted with every day. I think about 100 years ago Albert Einstein was famous and "movie stars" were considered somewhat crass. Now the majority of society worship celebrity culture and it seems anyone who is prepared to fill their face with silicon and be outrageous on TV can join the club. Those with power and influence who are prepared to abuse others, are always enabled by those around them. This goes for actors, football players, comedians, tv show presenters or any other "celebs."

In recent times the "grab 'em by the p***y" comment is still the barometer and a major turning point for me. To think that someone with such low values and such a low opinion of women could be considered suitable to lead, shows which way his cult following's moral compass points. The greatest hypocrisy of all in that saga is of course the evangelical Christians.

Brand allegedly used his power and fame to have sexual encounters with women and seemingly he did not respect women - it was to satisfy an ego driven narcissism. Until we as a society stop worshipping narcissists they are going to rise to positions of power and influence and will be allowed to be abusers.

Brilliant post, well said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Yes. But you need to be gentle (well up to some kind of safe, agreed point) and it needs to be something that has been asked for. And tbh I don’t like it, it creeps me out

Me and my wife used to do it when we first got together it apparently heightens the orgasm if done right but yes, you must be careful. I’d never do it now because I wouldn’t have the strength to stop 😉

42 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think as men we have to commit to raising ur sons to the highest standard. (I'm of course assuming that the vast majority of posters on here are male.)

I have two sons and it's vital that I teach them to respect their mothers, female friends at school and in the neighborhood. To point out and argue against any kind of misogyny especially when it's insidious in a "nudge nudge wink wink kind of way."

Beyond that, as some posters have already expressed, there is a general despair at the values we are confronted with every day. I think about 100 years ago Albert Einstein was famous and "movie stars" were considered somewhat crass. Now the majority of society worship celebrity culture and it seems anyone who is prepared to fill their face with silicon and be outrageous on TV can join the club. Those with power and influence who are prepared to abuse others, are always enabled by those around them. This goes for actors, football players, comedians, tv show presenters or any other "celebs."

In recent times the "grab 'em by the p***y" comment is still the barometer and a major turning point for me. To think that someone with such low values and such a low opinion of women could be considered suitable to lead, shows which way his cult following's moral compass points. The greatest hypocrisy of all in that saga is of course the evangelical Christians.

Brand allegedly used his power and fame to have sexual encounters with women and seemingly he did not respect women - it was to satisfy an ego driven narcissism. Until we as a society stop worshipping narcissists they are going to rise to positions of power and influence and will be allowed to be abusers.

This is brilliant and absolutely spot on. My son is two weeks old and I've thought about the same.

Consent now is absolutely something that needs to be taught, at a very young age even.

I saw a few weeks ago a vocal far-right talking head scoffing that his young son had been taught about consent, and was outraged that he told him when he went to give him a goodnight kiss that 'Daddy needs to have permission from me'.

This kind of stuff is absolutely the precursor to sexual consent, especially as most abuse happens with people who you already know. It shouldn't just be assumed that kissing a child is fine if you're family, the child has to know that he or she needs to give consent.

I've gone a bit off track but long story short the same guy is defending Brand now so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is brilliant and absolutely spot on. My son is two weeks old and I've thought about the same.

Consent now is absolutely something that needs to be taught, at a very young age even.

I saw a few weeks ago a vocal far-right talking head scoffing that his young son had been taught about consent, and was outraged that he told him when he went to give him a goodnight kiss that 'Daddy needs to have permission from me'.

This kind of stuff is absolutely the precursor to sexual consent, especially as most abuse happens with people who you already know. It shouldn't just be assumed that kissing a child is fine if you're family, the child has to know that he or she needs to give consent.

I've gone a bit off track but long story short the same guy is defending Brand now so.

OT Congrats on the your son! It's a wild ride but worth it.

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I kiss my kids most days, wether it be face on the head or on the hand . Should I get consent from them first? I’m not arguing with your view on consent being taught to kids by the way, it’s really important , especially nowadays .

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I kiss my kids most days, wether it be face on the head or on the hand . Should I get consent from them first? I’m not arguing with your view on consent being taught to kids by the way, it’s really important , especially nowadays .

You don't need to consent every time you kiss them, much in the same way you don't need to get consent every time you have sex with your wife. Implied consent is a thing that we all understand.

But if they say they don't want to be kissed, and you do it anyway? (not you here, general you)

That's the point of such lessons.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My kids got bloody big raspberries on the stomach whether they wanted them or not, followed by a slo mo fight where one of us, usually me, would fall off the bed in to the lava and melt.

With my missus shouting up the stairs that its supposed to be a calming 5 minutes before sleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But if they say they don't want to be kissed, and you do it anyway?

We're going slightly off-topic with this, but when our grandchildren go home at the end of the day, we invariably say "Can I have a bye bye kiss?" Sometimes they enthusiastically throw themselves at us, sometimes they grin and go "Nope!" Which is fine. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â