January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

14 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Nico Williams will probably go to Barcelona on a free in the summer is my prediction.
Its a shame he's leaving his club with no money for the transfer. 

Seen it suggested he will sign a new contract with a lower release clause and then move in the summer. Hopefully that's true.

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Nico Williams will probably go to Barcelona on a free in the summer is my prediction.
Its a shame he's leaving his club with no money for the transfer. 

Didn't we sign Diaby because he wanted to stay at Athletic?

• Like 1

I don't think we can attract anyone who will improve out first XI until we get into the CL. But our squad could definitely do with a few upgrades as the likes of Olsen, Chambers Dendoncker and Traore are clearly not trusted to play in the system, as they aren't even getting many minutes in the cups now. Competition at RB would also be help. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Quality player , I mentioned him during the summer window. I think he’d command quite a fee and then there’s that issue of convincing basque players to leave the Basque Country.

Unai, is the man for that....he left.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think we can attract anyone who will improve out first XI until we get into the CL. But our squad could definitely do with a few upgrades as the likes of Olsen, Chambers Dendoncker and Traore are clearly not trusted to play in the system, as they aren't even getting many minutes in the cups now. Competition at RB would also be help. 

We didn't have margin for error in these last 2 games. Beat AZ next game and then we only need a result vs legia to guarantee first. 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I would take McTominay to replace Dendoncker.

He doesn't seem rated by alot of people... But I've always liked him lol

Having Meatball here would certainly help him too!

As well as the fact that we seen to have a knack of signing players who know each other somehow, almost by design!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would take Ronald McDonald to replace Dendonker. 

McTominay is a decent player but I bet his on silly wages like most of that squad.

Wait till you find out Dendonker is on circa 90 k per week 👀.

Hope that makes you like him even more!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wait till you find out Dendonker is on circa 90 k per week 👀.

Hope that makes you like him even more!

To be honest I’ve never cared what a player is earning. Either they are good enough or they are not. Find it bizarre how much fans judge players based on their wages as if it’s their own money. 

Dendonker could be on £10 a week or 300k a week. I’d think he is shit either way.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, sne said:

I can't see the likes of Donk, Traoré, Chambers and Hause being here when next season starts so maybe some of them will look to get out in Jan.

If he’s fit, I can see Hause being released on 1 January. Alternatively, we’ll announce he’s joining Walsall for an ‘undisclosed fee’ (3s 6d) 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1