January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Are there any decent players around Europe with 6 months left on their contract we could snap up on a flash price?

Rabiot is an interesting one as I think he's out of contract this summer. But he's been a regular starter of Juve and not sure he would take a rotational spot here.

Zielinski from Napoli as well.

Thiago is another intriguing one though is legs are far gone.

4 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Looking at upcoming june-free agents from the PL, could potentially be had for cheap now in january:

* Michael Antonio (33, West Ham). Out since august with a ligament injury. Bench replacement for Watkins, should be happy competing for something with limited minutes given his age. Started the Conference Final West Ham won last year.

* Dele Alli (27, Everton). He's probably an ex-player at this point. But Unai might be able to revive him. 

* Thiago Alcantara (32, Liverpool). Undeniable quality, injury concerns have greatly shortened his playing time at Anfield. If he doesn't renew, could be an option when Kamara is unavailable.

* Fabian Schar (32, Newcastle). Probably NC's most consistent defender and the only one seemingly immune to injury woes, he's played every game for them in the PL this season.

* Ivan Perisic (34, Tottenham). One of my faves players from Inter, dude was massive quality during his prime. Champion League winner with Bayern, could bring savvy veteranship and bench option. 

You aren’t going to get many people agreeing with you especially the first few.  Prepare yourself for the responses 

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Dunno about that … I’d take James McATee or Charlie Patino for sure … Cole Palmer was a Citeh reserve … 

Actually thought about that some more

Chelsea bought palmer

With that money city went and bought Doku... 

Who has the better end of that deal? They've probably both done well out of it but that's what I mean you can sign players from those clubs and strengthen yourself but there's every danger we won't close the gap between us and them so ultimately is it worth it? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Looking at upcoming june-free agents from the PL, could potentially be had for cheap now in january:

* Michael Antonio (33, West Ham). Out since august with a ligament injury. Bench replacement for Watkins, should be happy competing for something with limited minutes given his age. Started the Conference Final West Ham won last year.

* Dele Alli (27, Everton). He's probably an ex-player at this point. But Unai might be able to revive him. 

* Thiago Alcantara (32, Liverpool). Undeniable quality, injury concerns have greatly shortened his playing time at Anfield. If he doesn't renew, could be an option when Kamara is unavailable.

* Fabian Schar (32, Newcastle). Probably NC's most consistent defender and the only one seemingly immune to injury woes, he's played every game for them in the PL this season.

* Ivan Perisic (34, Tottenham). One of my faves players from Inter, dude was massive quality during his prime. Champion League winner with Bayern, could bring savvy veteranship and bench option. 

wow.

that was one heck of a fever dream, brother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Zielinski from Napoli as well.

Seems he's about to sign for Inter.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You aren’t going to get many people agreeing with you especially the first few.  Prepare yourself for the responses 

*Puts on tin hat*

They should be cheap or they shouldn't be at all, I don't see anything wrong with rolling the dice with those. Very low risk, moderate reward. Villa needs to reinforce the bench.

• Haha 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

wow.

that was one heck of a fever dream, brother.

Because you think they suck or because Villa hasn't got a chance in hell to sign them? Or Both? =P

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Are there any decent players around Europe with 6 months left on their contract we could snap up on a flash price?

Hermoso at atletico

Guido Rodriguez at betis

Toni kroos - as a side they're trying to talk him out of international retirement 

Modric

Klostermann

Reus is probably finished at dortmund if they keep the current coach 

Kamada has cooled off a bit, last summer was his chance for a huge move 

Juan miranda or spinazzola should we makes changes at LB

Alex meret but I think he's too good to be back up, casteels too

Gabriel Barbosa would be interesting but he failed in Europe before

Barco would get the gamers going (myself included) and should get a big move - he's the one to watch 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So then. Felipe Anderson. Strange link. 

(but from a very reliable reporter)

Its a yes from me. Checked his injury record and he's not been injured since he moved from West Ham 3 years ago

Edited by Pongo Waring

Has apparently been very good for Lazio this year. I’d normally not believe a link like this but the fact that he’s free, it’s come from that reporter and most importantly, he’s a left footer right sided attacker, it’s definitely true.

Classic Delphinho banter aside for a sec, I know he had his problems at West Ham, but we might be playing 55-60 games next year so we’ll need depth. On a free, it allows us to rotate Diaby and Bailey as the most advanced attacker behind Watkins. I strongly suspect the club will send Zaniolo back because there is no way this signing happens if he stays. We’d have too many players, all of a similar style fighting over 1/2 positions. 

Oh, and he’s Brazilian. We loves ourselves a South American. 

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

How about Serhou Guirassy from Stuttgart? 17 goals and 1 assist in 14 games. £15 million release clause and of course all the big boys are after him. Mainly a striker but has played some left wing according to Transfermarkt.

Unai said we arent interested in a striker which Guirassy is thriving as

There's a young South African striker who has been scouted by a number of Dutch sides who we could probably get for dirt cheap. Luke "Sky" Walker from Moss Eisley F.C. One for the future, anyway.

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So then. Felipe Anderson. Strange link. 

(but from a very reliable reporter)

Never heard of this reporter

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has apparently been very good for Lazio this year. I’d normally not believe a link like this but the fact that he’s free, it’s come from that reporter and most importantly, he’s a left footer right sided attacker, it’s definitely true.

Classic Delphinho banter aside for a sec, I know he had his problems at West Ham, but we might be playing 55-60 games next year so we’ll need depth. On a free, it allows us to rotate Diaby and Bailey as the most advanced attacker behind Watkins. I strongly suspect the club will send Zaniolo back because there is no way this signing happens if he stays. We’d have too many players, all of a similar style fighting over 1/2 positions. 

Oh, and he’s Brazilian. We loves ourselves a South American. 

He's actually right footed. So can't be true ;)