January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't stress. City will be playing in National League North soon enough

Absolutely nothing will happen to city beyond a slap on the wrist. A one off points deduction that will look harsh but won’t mean anything and maybe one year out of Europe as a result.

UAE is investing upward of ten billion pounds in the UK. The consulate in Abu Dhabi and the commonwealth office have already admitted that these charges have been discussed at governmental level with Abu Dhabi as well. There is no way in the world that this government or even the next labour government are going to let anything threaten that level of investment. 

• Like 4

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

Absolutely nothing will happen to city beyond a slap on the wrist. A one off points deduction that will look harsh but won’t mean anything and maybe one year out of Europe as a result.

UAE is investing upward of ten billion pounds in the UK. The consulate in Abu Dhabi and the commonwealth office have already admitted that these charges have been discussed at governmental level with Abu Dhabi as well. There is no way in the world that this government or even the next labour government are going to let anything threaten that level of investment. 

I do agree that the UK government probably has a hand on the scale regards Middle East football investment. Apparently the FA didn't want to sanction Newcastle buy out. It's a shit fest but they've made their bed with Everton sanction and everyone is looking at City and Chelsea and expecting more than a slap on the wrist

Chelsea will get hammered but they’ll find a way to let City off from what should happen. City should be stripped of all titles during the period and banned from Europe for 3 to 5 years with a relegation thrown in. 

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Talkshite is Talkshite but I don't think they're wrong in likes of Arsenal etc knowing this Everton thing was coming and scaling back on transfers. Don't be surprised if there's a very inactive January transfer window. I'm very happy that we have Emery in charge dealing with a small family of players, a phrase used by several of our players in interviews. I think we're in perfect space currently and can box clever

Yep Arsenal certainly scaled back with their £200m spend just a few months back.  Liverpool £150m+ which would’ve been more if they brought Caicedo, Newcastle £150m…yep they are all scaling back 🤦🏻‍♂️…plus they are starting from a higher level squad quality wise than us for most of them.

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I do agree that the UK government probably has a hand on the scale regards Middle East football investment. Apparently the FA didn't want to sanction Newcastle buy out. It's a shit fest but they've made their bed with Everton sanction and everyone is looking at City and Chelsea and expecting more than a slap on the wrist

You would think Everton would be apoplectic and be straight onto the lawyers if City and Chelsea are seen to be given special treatment which they were denied.

17 minutes ago, romavillan said:

You would think Everton would be apoplectic and be straight onto the lawyers if City and Chelsea are seen to be given special treatment which they were denied.

This exactly. 

If you pro-rata the crime to the punishment using Everton's example. City should be totally doomed. 

They won't be though. 

• Like 1

They are totally different fact patterns though.

Basically Everton were dumb and were totally transparent about their situation with the league. The league said you should be ok if you don’t spend x on players but they still did and that’s why they were treated with no leniency. Ie they blatantly disregarded a course of action that had been agreed to keep them within the limits. 

City are far too savvy to get boxed in like that and will fight every single charge to the death. 

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

They are totally different fact patterns though.

Basically Everton were dumb and were totally transparent about their situation with the league. The league said you should be ok if you don’t spend x on players but they still did and that’s why they were treated with no leniency. Ie they blatantly disregarded a course of action that had been agreed to keep them within the limits. 

City are far too savvy to get boxed in like that and will fight every single charge to the death. 

No that's not what happened. Everton requested the league work with them so they remained compliant the league didn't bother to do it properly so they approved actions which caused Everton to go over. 

33 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No that's not what happened. Everton requested the league work with them so they remained compliant the league didn't bother to do it properly so they approved actions which caused Everton to go over. 

I suggest you listen to Nick Harris from sporting intel on lineker’s the rest is football podcast. 

9 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Chelsea will get hammered but they’ll find a way to let City off from what should happen. City should be stripped of all titles during the period and banned from Europe for 3 to 5 years with a relegation thrown in. 

Possibly. If the government is getting involved to avoid annoying the Saudis, then Chelsea would have to come clean about who really owns them. They are stuck because officially they aren't linked to PIF. 

I hope we can sign and loan in about five players. A Champions League spot is there for the taking and it'd be a shame if we don't get one because the Conference League grind takes a toll.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hope we can sign and loan in about five players. A Champions League spot is there for the taking and it'd be a shame if we don't get one because the Conference League grind takes a toll.

It's there for the taking as it is. Emery just signed Moreno last January window. People don't think our last loan signing is any good. Look at Newcastle today Isak and Gordon cost 100 million combined and Gordon took a while to come good and we're still above them with a game in hand

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

That is not going to happen in a million years.

If no further injuries it will be one or maybe two max at a push if we sell Donks. 

The big question is if the quality players that unai wants are available and if we are still riding high whether we can get the deals over the line. 

• Like 3

5 players?! 

For where? As a starter I think we're a RB away and I think the best RBs are prospects rather than guaranteed starters, for back ups I think we can replace olsen and dendoncker with better players and if youngsters landed in our lap we should obviously take them 

And when I say I think we can I dont think we will, we only "need" a RB and I'd like arnau martinez with 5 months competing with cash to try and get him ready to start next season 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Can’t wait until it springs open!

And then it sadly slams shut. I hope we confirm that we have a war chest and we are preparing and putting some final touches to some bids to be launched the moment the window springs open

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1