Clément Lenglet

Tom13

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

His flaws massively exposed last night. Got a good range of passing on him but his defensive failures got us yesterday. 

he saved 2 certain goals with last minute blocks yesterday 

for me , the issue yesterday was Konsa , he got turned inside out too easily a few times and also mis judged the offside trap 

that could just come down to Konsa and Lenglet isn't a good partnership pairing  , it could come down to Cash horribly exposing Konsa , it could just be that Konsa had a bad day at the office 

but i don't think Lenglet was the reason we lost yesterday 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

but i don't think Lenglet was the reason we lost yesterday 

That was an inability to defend corners... 

• Like 1

Wow, he is certainly polarising opinion.

FWIW, I thought he is and was OK, in fact quite good (and yes, more rounded than Carlos), and think his recent outings have been pretty good, whilst he is not at Pau's level, his range of passing is good too. Yesterday everyone was poor and you could make a case for everyone being the reason for others failing, but I certainly couldn't pin our problems on him, we failed as a team. Somethings not right in how they have been set up and we are no longer effective, and certainly unable to respond to what teams are now doing to us now. 

I also believe Mings will struggle to return to this team and meet expectations, lets hope he does. I dont believe we can afford to sign Lenglet and it appears the club has already targeted a replacement, but you get the sense the club is making plans for some one else to partner Konsa and Torres at the back.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was a very important signing. 

Agreed, imagine we just went with. Pau, Konsa, Carlos and Chambers. Who would have been playing LCB build up with Pau injured??

I think we need to replace Lenglet with a player who can perform the LCB role in build up. 

Mings and Carlos are the central defender in a 3, Konsa RB or RCB. 

• Like 1

I don’t think it was ever really in question that he wouldn’t do a job for us the man has played at the highest level for years and would be a starting centre back for the majority of premier league teams. It’s unbelievable how far we’ve come to having a player like him as second choice CB.

On 04/02/2024 at 08:30, Delphinho123 said:

He was a very important signing. 

as loan signings go....it was a good one.

On 04/02/2024 at 08:35, CVByrne said:

Agreed, imagine we just went with. Pau, Konsa, Carlos and Chambers. Who would have been playing LCB build up with Pau injured??

I think we need to replace Lenglet with a player who can perform the LCB role in build up. 

Mings and Carlos are the central defender in a 3, Konsa RB or RCB. 

still important in the balance of the squad imo.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

as loan signings go....it was a good one.

I was a bit concerned when I first watched him, but maybe a bit too quick to rush to judgement. He seems to have got better with each appearance, after all, Torres does set an high ball. 

I think you're right, not bad to have as back - up at all. Incidentally, I gave him motm Saturday night. 

• Like 1

What’s kind of shit is that he’s about half as good as Pau in possession but also only half as good as Mings defensively. 

Might have been better if he was as good as one or the other. 

With Pau, we were out scoring teams. With Mings, corners and counter attacks were sorted. 

Now, it’s kind of shit both ways. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting. I think he's tried to bring the ball out of defence like Pau as the stats show but the difference has been the passing. There was one particular moment the other night where he should have released Moreno (and I'm convinced Torres would have) but he opted to play it safer.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â