Clément Lenglet

Tom13

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

It's a case of who's worse though.

Not which of them are good.

Think you're in the minority with thinking Lenglet's not a good player.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Mings improved his distribution quite a lot before his injury.  I'd be much happier with him deputising Pau. Yes, whilst his distribution may only be a margin better or worse than Lenglets, everything else he brings is an improvement.

Yep Mings had actually become very decent on the ball. In fact Konsa often seemed to look for him to bring the ball out of defence and play the forward pass.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yep Mings had actually become very decent on the ball. In fact Konsa often seemed to look for him to bring the ball out of defence and play the forward pass.

I think we will be very lucky to get any form back from Mings. 

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Definitely going to rain tomorrow.

Ahh, your being sarcastic???

I'm being factual, certain injuries especially when your a 30 plus athete, can have a big physical and psychological effect, especially the position he plays. It's why I think Lenglet may be a better option to keep.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2024 at 22:14, MaVilla said:

not saying he's a "bad player", but i find it amazing that a fairly decent/ok-ish player like Lenglet, can go to a club like Barcelona and earn 250k p/w.

madness.

He was very good at Sevilla and was breaking into French squad so was a logic player for Barca to look at. Especially as La Liga is more about build up etc.

He's o.k. Given he's been fourth choice for most of the season we really can't complain given his vast experience. With all the respect in the world two years ago it was Hause, 12 months ago it was Chambers.

At Spurs he played a fair bit in a back 3 and I do think that formation protects him a fair bit compared to back 4 where he can be caught out by balls played around him.

I would like Pau to get fit soon as it's just a better balance with him and Konsa.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm being factual, certain injuries especially when your a 30 plus athete, can have a big physical and psychological effect, especially the position he plays. It's why I think Lenglet may be a better option to keep.

You’re = you are. 👍

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s ok. I don’t think the club will make the loan a permanent signing though. 

We wont because of his contract. He is on more at Barcelona than any of our other players

59 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I have the same concerns myself. However I’d still take a Mings at 80% of what he was over Lenglet.

• Like 1

Spurs fans couldn't wait to get rid of this joker last season and he was playing predominently in a back 3...

His weaknesses are even more on show playing in a 2.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Looks capable enough but can't be any coincidence everytime he plays we look terrible.

I think it's more that we miss Torres. Pretty much everything that Lenglet is good at, Torres is better. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â