Weekends Football 25/27 August

andykeenan

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol.. I just think if there isn't real malicious behind a challenge, especially so early in the game, you should consider giving them a pass.

Penalise them yes, but a straight red so early in the game?

Don’t be such a shit defender then.

I’d be absolutely livid if that happened against Villa and they didn’t send him off because it wasn’t the second half. 

12 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

how tf was that a red though lol? that is so harsh XD

Eh? He was through on the keeper and brought down. It's a red card all day every day, every night, every year. How can you possibly think it's harsh? 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

100% this

PGMOL biggest problem is they think they're part of the entertainment, they're part of the show

Said before when the PL on TV kicks off who comes out first, who's the first person you see front and centre?

My biggest issue is the inconsistency between all the different refs.  We lose games when the refs allow our opponents to rack up 40+ fouls without issuing a yellow card, but tend to dominate those where even soft fouls are called consistently.  Don't even get me started on the VAR decisions...

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Klopp is such an unlikeable person but of course he's the #1 media darling.

You're talking about a country that thought Boris Johnson was a really top, relatable bloke for a few years there before he shed his snake skin. Not hard to convince the average armchair football fan that a div like Klopp is someone they could have a pint with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

String of fouls from Newcastle, cynical trips and shirt pulls..... Not a hint of a yellow.

100%. One of the features of their play is so many fouls that the ref can’t penalise them all

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Eh? He was through on the keeper and brought down. It's a red card all day every day, every night, every year. How can you possibly think it's harsh? 

I thought Isak overplayed it a lot. Either way I was wrong.

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Are you watching the game?  Liverpool are horrific and should be 2 men down right now...

I think the red for VVD was harsh. And the second yellow for TAA would have been a joke, the first was harsh as he threw the ball back on to the field. 

How many fouls has Jolinton committed? I still don’t think he’s been yellow carded. 

9 minutes ago, andym said:

Good spot by the ref to see VVD booted the ankle first before touching the ball. Will VVD get extra punishment for refusing to go and abusing the ref?

He bloody well should do. Totally unacceptable to be abusing the ref. It's always these big teams as well. Unless it's a genuine outrageous decision other players in teams just take their medicine. He absolutely knows he's gone through his legs, he knows it's been reviewed by VAR and iis then in the face of the ref saying god knows what to him. 

And they wonder why Sunday League kids referees get abused by parents? 

A stand needs to be taken on this.  Are the refs mic'd up? The footage should be played back in public and the player shamed in my opinion. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, andym said:

Good spot by the ref to see VVD booted the ankle first before touching the ball. Will VVD get extra punishment for refusing to go and abusing the ref?

He will probably have this withdrawn when Klopp cries post game

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â