Harry Kane

mjmooney

Fairly anonymous last night, the only thing of note from him was that tackle, a yellow card all day long.

The press in Germany have already begun calling him out about not turning up in the big games, last night will have given them some more ammunition.

The injury time header could have ruined the party if we didn’t have a top class goalkeeper. 

He does look more and more like a word removed. I was not impressed with him declaring himself fit all summer when he clearly wasn’t. Putting himself ahead of the team and the country. It looks like he’s doing it for Bayern too now. Coaches need to be stronger with him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

The injury time header could have ruined the party if we didn’t have a top class goalkeeper. 

He does look more and more like a word removed. I was not impressed with him declaring himself fit all summer when he clearly wasn’t. Putting himself ahead of the team and the country. It looks like he’s doing it for Bayern too now. Coaches need to be stronger with him.

Problem is stat wise he's still doing really well but he's starting to be found out, bild went after him big time after the leverkusen game for scoring goals that don't matter rather than important goals in big games 

• Like 1

He was fairly average. As the game went on he did his usual trick of going incredibly deep to get the ball. There was a moment he picked the ball up at left back

Kompany isn't a strong enough manager to stop him doing that

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Problem is stat wise he's still doing really well but he's starting to be found out, bild went after him big time after the leverkusen game for scoring goals that don't matter rather than important goals in big games 

Similar to Haaland I guess, scores crazy numbers but can often be very quiet in the big games. 

I’d put that more on the coaches than the player. Bayern should have enough fire power to be able to get the goals elsewhere if the main striker is being marked out of the game.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, AJG23 said:

Fairly anonymous last night, the only thing of note from him was that tackle, a yellow card all day long.

The press in Germany have already begun calling him out about not turning up in the big games, last night will have given them some more ammunition.

He was never that quick but hardly involved in build up now so in effect he's like Ronaldo at Man. United, penalty box player and if he dosen't get a decent ball is non-existent game with lack of pressing.

Gnarby should've squared to him in the first half for a tap in and he had that header right at the end which would've beaten many keepers.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was never that quick but hardly involved in build up now so in effect he's like Ronaldo at Man. United, penalty box player and if he dosen't get a decent ball is non-existent game with lack of pressing.

Gnarby should've squared to him in the first half for a tap in and he had that header right at the end which would've beaten many keepers.

That pretty much sums it up. At Spurs, he had spells where he dropped deep and then linked brilliantly with Son, but now if he’s not scoring then he isn’t involved.

He will still probably have good stats for scoring but I think he has had his day and I wonder where he will go if Bayern decide to offload him. Quite possibly Man United would throw money at him and Bayern in a genuine panic move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

That pretty much sums it up. At Spurs, he had spells where he dropped deep and then linked brilliantly with Son, but now if he’s not scoring then he isn’t involved.

He will still probably have good stats for scoring but I think he has had his day and I wonder where he will go if Bayern decide to offload him. Quite possibly Man United would throw money at him and Bayern in a genuine panic move.

I was about to say Man United before you added it. They have the money and lack of a long term plan to bring him in. 

Not the worst idea tbh when they have youngsters like Garnacho, Hojlund around him to learn and do the running.

2 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

Back to Spurs like Bale did.

Or maybe just go to MLS as think he's said he wants to get involved with American Football?

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was about to say Man United before you added it. They have the money and lack of a long term plan to bring him in. 

Not the worst idea tbh when they have youngsters like Garnacho, Hojlund around him to learn and do the running.

There is that aspect to it, but United would probably get squeezed by Bayern for every last Deutschmark and pay him silly money. Just looking at Bayern’s squad, is Kane the only real out and out No9 they have ? All their other forwards look like wide men/attacking midfielders.
As VillaChris said, MLS would probably be another option open to Kane.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Another season without a trophy would be too funny 

Verging on achieving the impossible to go 2 seasons at Bayern without a trophy. 

He’d probably have an FA Cup if he went to United, and be closer to all time PL top scorer.

With all the talk from players from the 90s signing deals with Diadora and the like and them being terrible for their feet. I think Hourihane had under armour and I was told they were dreadful football boots I'm amazed Kane would sign with Skechers for the dosh.

It's literally your livelihood and you're going with equipment that's not expert.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â