Harry Kane

mjmooney

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

Cos his terrible 'system' relied a lot on the full/wing backs providing the majority of the attacking output. I haven't seen Leverkusen play though. Being as they are successful it's probably totally opposite to Gerrard ball

Ohh I get you now. Yeah Alonso actually has a system that works 😅

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Klopp to take over at Bayern in the summer after Tommy T is sacked. 

I think he genuinely does want and need a break, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he takes it some time next year if they keep Tuchel on for a while or hire an interim after losing the title. 

That's if he doesn't go for the Germany job though.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Doubt it, he wouldnt last a month there

Bayern work a certain way and he wouldnt get what Liverpool give him

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

I have a feeling he’ll owe Liverpool something if he ended his contract at Liverpool early and then immediately took another job (doing Liverpool out of a fee / compensation).

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have a feeling he’ll owe Liverpool something if he ended his contract at Liverpool early and then immediately took another job (doing Liverpool out of a fee / compensation).

Not unless he had a break clause in his recent extension… like Hamilton did at Mercedes… 

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Liverpool aren't going to come after him for money or compensation. They'll probably be building a statute for him instead. 

17 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Not unless he had a break clause in his recent extension… like Hamilton did at Mercedes… 

He’ll get pelters from the scousers if he leaves them citing needing a rest only to go to a rival club. Will be funny for everyone else though. 

To be fair to him he's successfully painted the picture of the PL being this mad exhausting league and by comparison the bundesliga is a summer camp 

The scousers will laud him no matter what 

And bayern would happily pay up any compensation 

Personally Im not convinced he has enough time with the players for his management style and personality to work at International level, Germany also have a couple of young stars in wirtz and musiala but it's a monstrous task to turn them around

Saw the stat Bayern were unbeaten in the last 21 games that were 1st vs 2nd until yesterday 

I'm pretty sure that if leverkusen don't lose the next 2 games they'll beat the bundesliga unbeaten streak record too (something like 33 games?) 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair to him he's successfully painted the picture of the PL being this mad exhausting league and by comparison the bundesliga is a summer camp 

The scousers will laud him no matter what 

And bayern would happily pay up any compensation 

Personally Im not convinced he has enough time with the players for his management style and personality to work at International level, Germany also have a couple of young stars in wirtz and musiala but it's a monstrous task to turn them around

Yet he didnt bring Liverpool into a relegation battle like he did Dortmund

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Liverpool aren't going to come after him for money or compensation. They'll probably be building a statute for him instead. 

They can build the statue from any payout they get and also buy 200 million worth of players with it. Its Coutinho mathematics all over

Edited by Zatman

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has been getting criticized for his performances in recent weeks in Germany

He's done very well in the Bundesliga on individual level.

Ultimately though a 100m striker is judge on what they do in CL.

4 goals in 7 CL games isn't that amazing so he needs a big second leg along with the rest of his teammates. 

Think it would be helpful if he...you know...played at the striker position instead of CM.

Imagine Kane under Unai drifting into the double pivot. The Don would be storming the pitch telling him to get in the box.

It's ridiculous how he drifts out.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Think it would be helpful if he...you know...played at the striker position instead of CM.

Imagine Kane under Unai drifting into the double pivot. The Don would be storming the pitch telling him to get in the box.

It's ridiculous how he drifts out.

I imagine the midfielders aren’t happy about it either. I bet they’re like “Harry, **** off back up the other end of the pitch where you should be”.

I know Ronaldo used to get criticised a lot for scoring lots of goals, potentially at the cost of overall team functionality and balance. I think Kane is possibly worse for how he plays out of position.

It’s no surprise that Spurs don’t seem to be struggling without him.

I do think England would be better without him. So many good, young-ish attackers would be better imo that putting 90% of everything through Kane.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â