Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, tezzaleed said:

I mean if your asking that.... Ugo is just a legend.  Best cb after mcgrath we've ever had.  I include Southgate in that.

TBF, Laursen and Mellberg also have to be in that conversation. Maybe Mings, too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

TBF, Laursen and Mellberg also have to be in that conversation. Maybe Mings, too. 

not even vlose either of them. they were here at a different time when our ambitions were different.  I watched all three play and Ugo was clearly better than both

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I suppose you could ask this question about any of our players? Macca, Sid, Peter Withe, Gary Shaw, the list goes on.

Ugo played with distinction for a number of years - I guess others have to make this distinction? Some try to tell me Agbonlahor is a Villa legend, this overrated talentless footballer could not hold a candle to Ugo imo. I suppose it boils down to opinion at the end of the day.

Regardless - Ugo was a fantastic footballer for us. I’m sure everyone agrees this much. 

Yep, how each individual defines 'legend'. It's not as if its some black and white certainty. Can also depend on how much a player impacted on you emotionally.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Ugo is a legend for me. I remember him loping back to cover a winger and sliding in from what felt like Sutton Coldfield to knock the ball out. 

His positioning was never as good as God, but his recoveries were worth the price of admission.

RIP big man.

Funnily enough, a few of my memories of him involve him doing inch perfect, but enormous, sliding tackles. Him leaving to go to Boro felt like a changing of the guard: Mellberg came in the following year (?) and then Lauren several years later. Funny how memory can bunch things together. 

Weirdly, I remember Delaney for some cracking sliding tackles, too. Mind you, for Delaney, I think some of them came from positions of desperation after Harry Newell or whoever had skinned him two second beforehand!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Funnily enough, a few of my memories of him involve him doing inch perfect, but enormous, sliding tackles. Him leaving to go to Boro felt like a changing of the guard: Mellberg came in the following year (?) and then Lauren several years later. Funny how memory can bunch things together. 

Weirdly, I remember Delaney for some cracking sliding tackles, too. Mind you, for Delaney, I think some of them came from positions of desperation after Harry Newell or whoever had skinned him two second beforehand!

This is going to sound weird, but when I picture Delaney, I mostly seem to remember him taking throw ins. Not long throws, just normal throw ins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

This is going to sound weird, but when I picture Delaney, I mostly seem to remember him taking throw ins. Not long throws, just normal throw ins.

Haha me too 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

What’s the latest with Zaniolo ? Some reports say he’s escaped with only a fine (or even less).

It sounds like he will just face a fine from Italian media reports. Interesting English media seems to have stopped caring after Tonali got his punishment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It sounds like he will just face a fine from Italian media reports. Interesting English media seems to have stopped caring after Tonali got his punishment

I think the media have stopped caring more because it looks like there's no big story.  The likelihood of a small(ish) fine doesn't sell many papers or get people tuning in.

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s amazing how fine margins are. With a bit of luck he could easily have been sat on 3 or 4 goals already. 

When he clicks he’s going to be a seriously dangerous player.

I agree, but a large chunk in here has already deemed him not good enough and a flop

On 28/10/2023 at 09:37, Delphinho123 said:

Couldn’t really care less if he gets banned tbh. Might even do us a favour. Looked poor since his arrival. 

To be fair he is playing in a very different position to where he's played throughout his career - much deeper and on the left and he's had this legal issue to deal with.  That said, I think there are signs that he's beginning to settle - definitely needs a goal or a couple of assists to help his confidence.  But I do think we need to hold fire a bit on the criticism until we see him either settling into his new position or getting some serious minutes in his preferred position.  Tielemans looked like a different player completely on Thursday pushed higher up the pitch where he could focus more on what he's good at and being saddled with less responsibility in the areas where he isn't.  Zaniolo isn't a Ramsey type player and yet that's where we've needed to play him.

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s amazing how fine margins are. With a bit of luck he could easily have been sat on 3 or 4 goals already. 

When he clicks he’s going to be a seriously dangerous player.

Emery clearly trusts him. So that's good enough for me. I think defensively Zaniolo is good and that's needed from LM. Plus he has physicality which is also needed in Prem. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Using a betting site that's not allowed in Italy to get on completely sanctioned games is a far cry from breaking football rules and betting on football matches.

Lots of betting sites in UK are not allowed be used in Europe for example. If I were to use my UK site in a country they're not legally allowed take bets then I've broken the law. 

Zaniolo has committed no crime in the eyes of football authorities as he's not bet on football so it's a non story now. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Not writing him off by any means because he does some good things, but there needs to be more end product.

What I don't get is why when we brought Bailey on he played on the right and McGinn went left. Zaniolo would be far better suited to playing where Bailey played when he came on, not sure why we couldn't have started with McGinn left and Zaniolo right. If McGinn is ok to play there with Bailey on the right, why not with Zaniolo on the right?

• Like 1

Just now, romavillan said:

What I don't get is why when we brought Bailey on he played on the right and McGinn went left. Zaniolo would be far better suited to playing where Bailey played when he came on, not sure why we couldn't have started with McGinn left and Zaniolo right. If McGinn is ok to play there with Bailey on the right, why not with Zaniolo on the right?

I do wonder why we haven't seen him on the right but no doubt there's a good reason.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â