Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Jesus Christ. What a situation.

To be honest, until he is actually charged, we have to keep playing him. Brentford did with Toney so I don't see why we're morally obligated not to do the same and put ourselves in a weaker position especially with Ramsey being out. The fact is he is innocent until proven guilty so until the allegations are proven in a court of law then we carry on as normal.

As others have said, at least he is only on loan but these allegations will probably take months before they are proven. Until then business as usual as far as I'm concerned and Zaniolo stays in our squad. 

What if it’s true we have an obligation to buy in his loan contract based on appearances?

52 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Tbh, this sounds like two lads who discussed before hand how they'd approach the situation. Both coming out with the same story? 

That's some expensive lawyers getting the arse saving operation going.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What if it’s true we have an obligation to buy in his loan contract based on appearances?

lol, I know man, enough have come back and pointed this out.

I’d still play him until nearer the time that hits, I think it’s 20 games so he can still play another 10 or so games before that obligation is activated and by that point Ramsey will hopefully be back in tip top shape and we can get another player in January if needs.

My point was until/if he’s proven guilty given how light we are currently with injuries we need to retain him in the squad/starting 11. We can worry about the obligation clause nearer the time it’s due to be activated.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sounds like he's done for having now caught up.

Maybe his mom takes the fall so he can keep playing. But doesn't sound like it.

Whilst we're talking conspiracy theories...I'd assume maybe the opposite of another poster who said maybe the likes of AC Milan got Tonali sold to tie loose ends up quickly before this came out.... I'd guess it's more likely it was in fact the opposite. They left to the Prem, stopped being involved, and then it all came out, a warning to others involved that they are in until theyre allowed to be out.

Only 2 players brought up are those who moved here this summer.

Maybe if they were tracking IP addresses, the investigators were tipped off when some activity moved from Milan to Tyneside and Istanbul to Sutton Coldfield! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

lol, I know man, enough have come back and pointed this out.

I’d still play him until nearer the time that hits, I think it’s 20 games so he can still play another 10 or so games before that obligation is activated and by that point Ramsey will hopefully be back in tip top shape and we can get another player in January if needs.

My point was until/if he’s proven guilty given how light we are currently with injuries we need to retain him in the squad/starting 11. We can worry about the obligation clause nearer the time it’s due to be activated.

I agree with this.

If its not proven (and we don't have any evidence that suggests he's guilty) he should be treated innocent until such time that it is...

but sensibly we should not expose ourselves to the potential risk that if found guilty we're then stuck paying for a bloke that is spending 3 years in prison.

Kinda selfish viewpoint, but I'm a fan of Villa... not Zaniolo, so I'd say we play him if we're not close to the threshold, and drop him if we are.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

we do.

But he hasnt reached that trigger clause yet, so if there is any danger of him being banned, i have no doubt that we will make sure we dont trigger it.

Might even be that we ask for an altered deal of just an "option to buy" with Gala, or we say we will send him back in jan, or something, i dunno.

5 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Just looked up Fabrizio Corona. What an interesting chap. 

I'd be interested to know more about this stuff. Are there any books or online articles where we can learn more about this guy or the culture you're talking about? I find this stuff fascinating but f**king terrifying 

Ha, interesting chap indeed. The Italian version of Wikipedia has an absolute ton on him with references. I'll have a dig and see if I can find something translated. On a general modern mafia tip read Roberto Saviano. I'll have a think and get back to you with some more, Saviano you'll deffo find in English.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Ha, interesting chap indeed. The Italian version of Wikipedia has an absolute ton on him with references. I'll have a dig and see if I can find something translated. On a general modern mafia tip read Roberto Saviano. I'll have a think and get back to you with some more, Saviano you'll deffo find in English.

Thank you! just googled Saviano and found some cracking-looking stuff. Keep it coming!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He hasn't been banned yet or found guilty, so he is free to play for us until that happens. Others have played with charges hanging over their heads and in this case, he has said he did not bet on any football game that he was involved in. When I first heard he was coming back, I thought that he'd picked up an injury. This is worse, if and when proven, until it is he's still eligible to play for us and I would play him. Guilty until proven, is our thing isn't it?

• Like 1

If he is charged with betting on his own matches I would be hesitant to play him here until he is exonerated, if he committed those offenses previously why would he have discontinued that behavior at our club? I understand innocence until proven guilt but the charges appear to be related to on field activity, a bit different than allegations unrelated to the game itself in my view.

22 minutes ago, John said:

He hasn't been banned yet or found guilty, so he is free to play for us until that happens. Others have played with charges hanging over their heads and in this case, he has said he did not bet on any football game that he was involved in. When I first heard he was coming back, I thought that he'd picked up an injury. This is worse, if and when proven, until it is he's still eligible to play for us and I would play him. Guilty until proven, is our thing isn't it?

It was a joke tweet, read the punchline

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Yes, but the swift certainty that the Italian federation has moved with suggests that it's probably an open and shut case. I'd have liked to have seen him play against England. But more than anything, I was hoping he'd come good for us and be a big success. It's all looking a bit gloomy now though.

It did seem a bit strange we was getting an Italian international, on loan.......it now makes perfect sense. He had to escape the Italian media storm and I'm guessing gambling of any type is pretty frowned upon in Turkey. 

Be nice to get some clarification from villa on the contract situation but I'm pretty sure we are protected against a player who possibly going to have a 2 year ban, insurance would cover this if we hadn't. 

It all looks a bit underhand from the Italians, Newcastle are knee deep in it. Moving forward who's going to deal with players from Italy if their going to pull this type of shite, it just stinks of corruption at nearly every level.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

we do.

But he hasnt reached that trigger clause yet, so if there is any danger of him being banned, i have no doubt that we will make sure we dont trigger it.

Might even be that we ask for an altered deal of just an "option to buy" with Gala, or we say we will send him back in jan, or something, i dunno.

The worst scenario would be that no decision on his guilt or innocence is made by the time he gets up to the threshold games, especially if he doesn't play enough games before February. 

55 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The worst scenario would be that no decision on his guilt or innocence is made by the time he gets up to the threshold games, especially if he doesn't play enough games before February. 

Feel like the club aren't stupid. If we reached that milestone and we weren't sure, he just sits out the rest of the season until we are sure.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â