Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Jesus Christ. What a situation.

To be honest, until he is actually charged, we have to keep playing him. Brentford did with Toney so I don't see why we're morally obligated not to do the same and put ourselves in a weaker position especially with Ramsey being out. The fact is he is innocent until proven guilty so until the allegations are proven in a court of law then we carry on as normal.

As others have said, at least he is only on loan but these allegations will probably take months before they are proven. Until then business as usual as far as I'm concerned and Zaniolo stays in our squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

The problem is that we really need him on form between now and January.  With this hanging over him, he's not going to be in the right form of mind to be playing at the highest level. 

He hasn't been on form since he joined so I don't think it will make a difference. 

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

To be honest, until he is actually charged, we have to keep playing him. Brentford did with Toney so I don't see why we're morally obligated not to do the same and put ourselves in a weaker position especially with Ramsey being out. The fact is he is innocent until proven guilty so until the allegations are proven in a court of law then we carry on as normal.

As others have said, at least he is only on loan but these allegations will probably take months before they are proven. Until then business as usual as far as I'm concerned and Zaniolo stays in our squad. 

News reports that he has already been charged. Italian news so no idea how legit though. 

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

News reports that he has already been charged. Italian news so no idea how legit though. 

Yeah I've seen that, although not sure how reliable that source is. Nothing confirmed by English media yet. 

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We have to make sure that we don't play him enough to trigger the compulsory purchase, though. We need to keep this Galatasaray's problem. 

Can’t imagine the club won’t be all over this. Chat at the time was that the deal delay was us pushing up the number of games needed to trigger it - so hopefully we have some wiggle room.

I am sad as I really rate him and can’t see a way this doesn’t scupper a permanent deal. Shame. But a lucky escape with the deal structure if it ends in a long ban.

Edited by Adam2003

19 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Can’t imagine the club won’t be all over this. Chat at the time was that the deal delay was us pushing up the number of games needed to trigger it - so hopefully we have some wiggle room.

I am sad as I really rate him and can’t see a way this doesn’t scupper a permanent deal. Shame. But a lucky escape with the deal structure if it ends in a long ban.

If he's done half of what they're alleging, he's basically screwed up his career tbh. I read that it could be a 5 year ban. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

This season is a really frustrating one. Injuries and now this. 

I was genuinely excited about the potential with this signing. 

I'd imagine we are checking our obligation to buy paperwork very closely. 

I would imagine something like this would be a breach of contract which would be enough to terminate if required to do so.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If he's done half of what they're alleging, he's basically screwed up his career tbh. I read that it could be a 5 year ban. 

3 year max and €25k fine. The idea that he's organised it is total bollocks though:

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/13-10-2023/scommesse-illegali-sequestrati-i-telefonini-tonali-e-zaniolo.shtml

In that article they are talking about private unlicensed betting sites, invite only, set up by the "malavita" which is a whisker away from saying mafia. Zaniolo has had his phone confiscated as has Tonali and tablets etc. It's a lot bigger than Zaniolo, a lot bigger. The people who put the sites together will have put pressure on or blackmailed the players or the players' families to affect games I reckon, the article doesn't go that far but what it does say is that the network of sites was the work of "organised crime", which is another euphemism for mafia, and the investigation which involves Zaniolo, Fagioli and Tonali is much bigger and complicated than those 3 cases. 

At this point though, it looks like his career is ****.

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This wouldn’t be such an issue if Buendia and Ramsey were both fit. Personally, I think he’s been very underwhelming since arriving here. Not fussed if he’s found guilty and can’t play for us again. 

If you'd rather have Buendia back than Zaniolo, something tells me that you don't like Zaniolo very much!

Edited by TomC

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

We have to make sure that we don't play him enough to trigger the compulsory purchase, though. We need to keep this Galatasaray's problem. 

Agreed. That said, while I've never read a player contract, it wouldn't surprise me if it has some sort of disrepute clause that allows Galatasaray to terminate his contract when something like this happens, so both Villa and Galatasaray may be free of him.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

dont think so tbh, or at least i wouldnt play him to the point he triggers his mandatory buy clause, that would be complete and utter stupidity if he is going to be banned for a long period.

So if the clause is 20 games, or 30 games, i would play him until one short of the clause trigger, until this is all sorted.

I cant imagine even Villa would be stupid enough to trigger a huge fee for a player we wont have if he gets banned.

it would be classic Villa tho lol.

Maybe what others say about a breach of contract would be true and we could just send him back, dunno?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, romavillan said:

3 year max and €25k fine. The idea that he's organised it is total bollocks though:

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/13-10-2023/scommesse-illegali-sequestrati-i-telefonini-tonali-e-zaniolo.shtml

In that article they are talking about private unlicensed betting sites, invite only, set up by the "malavita" which is a whisker away from saying mafia. Zaniolo has had his phone confiscated as has Tonali and tablets etc. It's a lot bigger than Zaniolo, a lot bigger. The people who put the sites together will have put pressure on or blackmailed the players or the players' families to affect games I reckon, the article doesn't go that far but what it does say is that the network of sites was the work of "organised crime", which is another euphemism for mafia, and the investigation which involves Zaniolo, Fagioli and Tonali is much bigger and complicated than those 3 cases. 

At this point though, it looks like his career is ****.

yikes, what a mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

At least he's only on initial loan.  Newcastle have sunk about £60m into Tonali.

Take a guess at which one gets the bigger punishment?

Lad whose on loan from Turkish club who'll miss out on a Prem transfer but otherwise be forgotten about in a year?

Or a lad the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have invested £65m into as part of a likely £1b investment into Sportwashing in Europe?

I'd hazard a guess that Zaniolo gets a tougher punishment

• Like 1

Sounds like he's done for having now caught up.

Maybe his mom takes the fall so he can keep playing. But doesn't sound like it.

Whilst we're talking conspiracy theories...I'd assume maybe the opposite of another poster who said maybe the likes of AC Milan got Tonali sold to tie loose ends up quickly before this came out.... I'd guess it's more likely it was in fact the opposite. They left to the Prem, stopped being involved, and then it all came out, a warning to others involved that they are in until theyre allowed to be out.

Only 2 players brought up are those who moved here this summer.

Edited by HalfTimePost

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â