Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

We aren't.

The loan is 6m, then 2m on top if we don't make it permanent.

If we choose to make it permanent it's 27m total, Inc the loan fee (21+6).

If he plays 20 games (alleged), the option to buy becomes an obligation to buy.

Obviously, no idea if what is reported, is true.

So the ACL injury will come during game 21 - good to have that clear 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Hopefully he starts against Everton so we don't have to see Bailey in the starting 11. Think it's too soon for Philogene to be starting an important match that we must win.

Never in the history of football has the 2nd game of a season been a “must win”.

If Philogene ain’t good enough to play against Everton, then we might as well sell him because he’s never going to be good enough for PL. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Never in the history of football has the 2nd game of a season been a “must win”.

If Philogene ain’t good enough to play against Everton, then we might as well sell him because he’s never going to be good enough for PL. 

I think you got confused. It's not a must win in the sense that we have to win it to finish in the top 6 or top 4 or at the other extreme avoid relegation, but if we can't beat Everton at home after that horrific performance against Newcastle then I'll probably start writing the season off. 

On the Newcastle forum they were saying that the game against us was a must win. Maybe you should go tell them what you've just told me.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so....

£6m loan fee?

2m extra fee if transfer is not made permanent.

£19.5m optional purchase fee, that becomes permanent if X number of games are played (alleged to be 15-20?)

£8.5m in "hard to reach" extras.

So if we did sign him permanently, thats roughly £25m total (loan fee plus purchase fee), then going up to £33/34m with hard to reach add-ons.

tbh, unless he's terrible, 8m total loan fee and sending him back, versus 25m total fee if we do sign him, not a huge difference, he would have to be pretty poor to not at least be worth considering in the summer.

At least we get to take a look at him and decide, rather than a total punt.

None of that sounds plausible. Totally over convoluted. 

I assume it's a straight loan fee with salary covered and buy option clause as has been stated a few times. 

We'll know the details when Ornstein or the Athletic report it. I think they are such a good outfit. They haven't reported a thing on this yet because they probably don't have direct information they have sourced themselves yet to make it past their standards to report.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vreitti said:

So we're about to sign a player that has already suffered two ACL injuries at the age of 24. He'll surely cope well in the PL. 

Recurrance of ACL injuries isn't a thing. It's not an injury people need to manage etc.. they are fully treated and players come back. 

They are just freak injuries like broken bones. You get one and it's bad luck. You recover and you come back. There are injuries that players get which recur like hamstrings or muscle injuries like calves etc..

A player having had an ACL injury in the past is like a player having had a broken bone in the past. It's not something to really worry about once recovered. 

What is more of any issue is Zaniolo's frequent other little injuries. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think you got confused. It's not a must win in the sense that we have to win it to finish in the top 6 or top 4 or at the other extreme avoid relegation, but if we can't beat Everton at home after that horrific performance against Newcastle then I'll probably start writing the season off. 

On the Newcastle forum they were saying that the game against us was a must win. Maybe you should go tell them what you've just told me.

All that tell us is theres idiots on every forum regardless of the team.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vreitti said:

So we're about to sign a player that has already suffered two ACL injuries at the age of 24. He'll surely cope well in the PL. 

Think of it as an inspiration to Buendia and Mings when he is player of the season after these injuries.  Will inspire them on their recovery.

• Thanks 1

I didn`t know that there is a limit per day of posting here so I couldn`t add new information yesterday. Till now it`s not fully clear how the deal be fixed. There are rumours about buying option which turns into obligation after X-Y games and some reachable add-ons and some unlikely add-ons. Let`s see how the final announcement will explained.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gala said:

I didn`t know that there is a limit per day of posting here so I couldn`t add new information yesterday. Till now it`s not fully clear how the deal be fixed. There are rumours about buying option which turns into obligation after X-Y games and some reachable add-ons and some unlikely add-ons. Let`s see how the final announcement will explained.

I think the X number of games is the most likely scenario.  If he plays a certain number, it will become an obligation to buy.  Probably the best middle ground for both clubs.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

None of that sounds plausible. Totally over convoluted. 

I assume it's a straight loan fee with salary covered and buy option clause as has been stated a few times. 

We'll know the details when Ornstein or the Athletic report it. I think they are such a good outfit. They haven't reported a thing on this yet because they probably don't have direct information they have sourced themselves yet to make it past their standards to report.

I think the only bit that sounded convoluted was the £2m to effectively cancel the transfer next summer.  The rest kind of makes sense - Villa ask for an optional transfer fee to be included in the deal in case everything goes well (but the optional element reduces the risk if it doesn't), Galatasaray insist that they want the future transfer to be mandatory as that makes the loan part of the deal financially acceptable given the fee they've just paid for him.  In the end the obvious compromise is to say OK how about it becomes mandatory if the player plays a certain number of games - if he's playing 20 games for us then presumably he's done pretty well and we'll be confident that we would want to make the deal permanent in the summer.  It gives us plenty of time to let him settle into the team / England before making a decision.  At the same time it is a low enough number that he should (unless it is a complete disaster) hit those numbers.  No way that he plays 19 games and then Villa don't play him for 6 months because we only wanted him on loan.  It's a pretty good compromise that keeps us happy and hopefully keeps @Gala happy too.  The final fee is also good for both teams - if he does well enough to sign permanently then £25m for a player who could end the season as a regular starter for Italy is an absolute bargain.  Meanwhile Galatasaray have also doubled their money and will have serious funds to invest next summer.  I assume the "hard to reach" targets are probably us qualifying for the Champions League and winning the UEFA Conference this season - in which case we'll more than cover the added bonus.  It really does sound like a genuine win-win for both clubs either way.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â