Tackles (kw)

villa4europe

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

A thread about tackling! Thought I'd start one after the great tackle in the marv thread

Good ones and bad ones

This one still pisses me off, not talked about enough just how bad a tackle that was and we were 1-0 down in that game at the time, so much talk about dowd robbing us months before but this was disgustingly bad

That tackle pissed me off at the time and still does. We were at the opposite side of Wembley and it was as clear as day even from there. Robbed again.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

That tackle pissed me off at the time and still does. We were at the opposite side of Wembley and it was as clear as day even from there. Robbed again.

Also I hate Terry but he called out that piece of garbage O'Neill for his crap tactics.

Said we would tire after an hour and was true

Gazza in 1991 cup final on Gary Charles.

Even by early 90s standard incredible he didn't get sent off, shows how quickly the game change as was a certain red 3-4 years later.

Pretty sure he did a crazy challenge a few minutes before that on Garry Parker.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gazza in 1991 cup final on Gary Charles.

Even by early 90s standard incredible he didn't get sent off, shows how quickly the game change as was a certain red 3-4 years later.

Pretty sure he did a crazy challenge a few minutes before that on Garry Parker.

You never send off big name talented English players. Scholes made so many bad tackles, Shearer kicked somebody in the face

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Hutton v West Brom...didn't he do exactly the same tackle v Shane Long a few years before or am I imaging that?

It was more of a slide tackle IIRC but Hutton was very fortunate not to see red and Long went off injured

This game by Glenn Hysén back in 88 was awarded a 6 out of 5 rating by the papers in Sweden, and rightly so. Guy was immense. The tackle at around 1.04 is especially crisp.

Edited by sne

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Looking back at that I think it might be Gabby's poor touch that sent him away from goal and stopped it being a red card 🫤

Edited by villan95
  • Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â