Women’s World Cup 2023

Giro

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Good battling performance, someone told me it’s Australia next I think that will be a loss unfortunately but should be a good game, would be amazing if they can win the competition tho, fantastic follow up to the euro! 

Yep a tough match next against the hosts. Foord, Raso and Kerr will be a big challenge to keep quiet. Gonna need to play a lot better I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Yep a tough match next against the hosts. Foord, Raso and Kerr will be a big challenge to keep quiet. Gonna need to play a lot better I think.

Yeah and the home advantage and momentum can be a big thing, there will be so many home fans there, it reminds of euro 2004

42 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well done England women, up a level in the semis though

Always goes up a level with a semi 

I was at the game, great to get the win but now have to choose between England and Australia on Wednesday!

Big mix of Aussies, English and Colombians - great atmosphere overall, really friendly crowd. It was all the Colombians whistling when we had the ball btw. 

+ good to see a few Villa jerseys and scarfs knocking about

Edited by TH
  • Like 3

Watched quite a few of these world Cup games. The standard of play is pretty poor, the occasional great bit of skill but bearing in mind these are meant to be the world's best players, exeter city, in division 1 would play any of these teams off the park.

Hearing usa female team demanding same wage as their male counterparts is laughable. They generated 2.5 million and expect 6 million in pay because that's what the mens team got in their world Cup.

It's a different grade of sport.

England have managed to get through, good on them, I have an interest in all England teams or sports people but the lack of criticism of the standard of play or terrible play from the commentators when players are horrendous is mystifying.

If someone's playing appallingly or not doing what they should in the men's game, it gets said. Seems people are scared to criticise anything in the woman version of football.

On 12/08/2023 at 20:39, villan95 said:

You didnt mention,Mary Fowler ( her with the black gloves ) who can draw a foul just like our Jack used to and,theres Kennerdy who is very good at set pieces.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

You didnt mention,Mary Fowler ( her with the black gloves ) who can draw a foul just like our Jack used to and,theres Kennerdy who is very good at set pieces.

Ah I haven't seen as much as Fowler. I know Kennedy is a good player though and Carpenter at RB is very good too.

Yeah the more I think about it the more I think Australia will probably win 🥲

• Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 09:42, brummybloke said:

The standard of play is pretty poor, the occasional great bit of skill but bearing in mind these are meant to be the world's best players, exeter city, in division 1 would play any of these teams off the park.

giphy.gif

You got off lucky, I got a hundred replies and labelled sexist when I expressed a similar view…

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â