Women’s World Cup 2023

Giro

Agree with the pundits, England need to make some changes….KO for arsenal fans delayed due to 1pm as loads of fans stuck outside due to issues at turnstiles….remember that happened at VP last season, was awful and just about made it in before kick off 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't understand the criticism of Russo. She's gives us that physical presence up front. And her tenacity led to the goal 

For me at least she doesn't hold up play enough, doesn't press enough, and doesn't get in the right areas enough. 

We've been knocking it long to her, but many times she can't control it and it bobbles off her to an opponent. 

I.e not a good target man, not mobile enough to be a good poacher.

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't understand the criticism of Russo. She's gives us that physical presence up front. And her tenacity led to the goal 

She does some good things but doesn't seem very mobile or much of a goal threat. And we have Daly or England as good options who are goalscorers and they've not been given a chance really.

Daly is a better forward than both Russo and Beth England, Russo's got the all round game, England is more of a pure goal poacher, Daly is a combination of the two and will score all kinds of goals, she's playing left-wing-back, she's not even the best player for that position from Aston Villa, that's Maz Pacheco, who if England are going to play with wing-backs probably should be in the England squad.

Just now, useless said:

Daly is a better forward than both Russo and Beth England, Russo's got the all round game, England is more of a pure goal poacher, Daly is a combination of the two and will score all kinds of goals, she's playing left-wing-back, she's not even the best player for that position from Aston Villa, that's Maz Pacheco, who if England are going to play with wing-backs probably should be in the England squad.

I wonder what Wiegman's reasoning is for persisting with Russo. Is it just as simple as she plays for Man Utd (well Arsenal now)

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Yep I agree could play them up front together 

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

She does some good things but doesn't seem very mobile or much of a goal threat. And we have Daly or England as good options who are goalscorers and they've not been given a chance really.

I was not the biggest fan of Ellen White, as she could go missing sometimes in games, but even when she was quiet you knew that she could pop up with a finish. Kind of like Kane really. We've definitely struggled to replace her.

Just now, HKP90 said:

I was not the biggest fan of Ellen White, as she could go missing sometimes in games, but even when she was quiet you knew that she could pop up with a finish. Kind of like Kane really. We've definitely struggled to replace her.

Yeah White was an excellent finisher, possibly the best I've seen in the women's game. I think the biggest frustration is that we've not seen Daly get a chance up front at all this tournament. Even England has only had half an hour I think.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â