Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

22 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is exactly how we should have used him. He was hardly ever on the shoulder and always in a pocket, his asset is his speed. 

Try finding space in behind in the premier league it’s  near impossible.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Rogers is better than him as a 10, where he was supposed to play.

Buendia is about the same as him. Inconsistent.

Next question.

Is he ? I think its way too early to even say that about rodgers. 

Buendia is not as good as him. Thats simply not true. Diaby had a far more impressive opening season than buendia did for us.

Diaby struggled second half of season like most of our players did.

53 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Next question.

You haven't answered anything. These players were already at the club. So we are weaker.wurhout Diaby. Already in pre season we hsve seen little from an attacking point of view. Huge pressure on Watkins to produce another amazing season.

• Like 1

It's so typical villa fans to lose their shit every time a former player scores a goal

I liked Diaby but we needed the money

Edited by Pinebro

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

You haven't answered anything. These players were already at the club. So we are weaker.wurhout Diaby. Already in pre season we hsve seen little from an attacking point of view. Huge pressure on Watkins to produce another amazing season.

Rogers replaces Diaby in the XI. That's a stronger XI.

Ramsey, Buendia & Philogene replace Diaby in the squad. That's a stronger squad.

Onana is better than 'Luiz without Kamara' who was a very average PL player. When Kamara comes back, we'll see how we look. There's a chance we miss Luiz then and our ceiling is lower.

21 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It's so typical villa fans to lose their shit every time a former player scores a goal

I liked Diaby but we needed the money

Didn't even know he scored a goal. 

20 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Next question.

Sample size on Rogers is quite small. I have high hopes for him, but there's every danger he falls flat this season and starts to betray his £9m price tag.

Buendia is one of my favourite players, but who knows how he will be following a year out. Both of these players were here while Diaby was so we haven't really gained anything. Also crucially none of his replacements really have pace, so we're losing something there. He needs to be replaced otherwise I think we're going into the season weaker in attack. 

Personally I'm happy with Rogers replacing him as the 10, but that would mean he moves from playing on the left, where as much as I love them, I don't trust JJ or Emi there after their injuries. I'd make the signing there. Bailey quality player on the left and we're stronger now than we were.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2024 at 19:29, PaulC said:

Didn't even know he scored a goal. 

The 4 people in the crowd were the only ones that did until now ..

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Barely a week or two later let's try and stick the boot in lol

Give it a few weeks and people will be clamouring to buy him back, just like what happens with all our ex players. 

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Came. Played well. Didn't say shit. Left for profit.

Barely a week or two later let's try and stick the boot in lol

Nah I've been sticking the boot in from the start apparently 

He's a good player but to weak for the premier league, our refs just didn't protect him enough for him to be affective. Watched him get dispossessed and stand appealing to the refs quite a few times. He also never settled in the area, he had to go.

Buendia is far more suited to the premier league, he's a tough cookie for his size and once he gets fully fit he will be a major asset , again.

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Scored another two v Inter

Doesnt suprise me. I still think come end of season this is going to prove the biggest mistake we made.

He scores goals whether ever he goes

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Definitely will not be missed, if anything we looked stronger tonight. We didn't need to buy a Diaby replacement because we have had Rogers all along.

Nb, I realise they don't play in the same position but people were concerned how many goals and assists we were losing...

Edited by Villan_of_oz

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â