Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

The deal makes sense, even if the financials mean we break even.  With the emergence of Rogers, the improvement of Bailey, the potential of Philogene, and return of Buendia I think he'd have struggled for minutes this season, and that would have lowered his value.  

I thought he showed a good work ethic and some flashes of ability, but he was inconsistent - and there were a few moments that suggested he wasn't up for a battle.... I hoped he'd become our version of prime Sadio Mane, but alas was not to be.... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There is surely a point where the money becomes meaningless? 

OK, if you're earning 500 quid a week, and you get the chance to earn 50 thousand a week, you'd obviously jump on it; you'd be made for life. But realistically, you'd have trouble spending it. So if you then got the chance to go from that to 500 thousand a week, what would be the point, beyond bragging rights?

All top flight footballers are already obscenely rich - so you'd think they would start to focus on job satisfaction a lot more than zeroes on a cheque.

But apparently not. Greed seems to have no limits. 

There's then the argument that in terms of job satisfaction playing 40 games a year in Saudi is easy street compared to the stress of a 60 game PL season

He's getting paid more for doing less in a less pressure environment 

And then again after all that, what if it was us that encouraged him to go? Was he and his agent banging our door or did we push him? I disagree with this notion that once villa pull you to one side and say your time is up you should refuse and fight for your place, this is a good deal for us I doubt we've shown much objection to it and if he was on the chopping block (no pun intended...) I'm not sure villa would be accepting say £40m bids from palace when a £60m bid from Saudi is on the table - and then that again if he says no to Saudi and goes to join palace what's that in terms of ambition? Why is that ok, it's a downwards nothing move but perfectly acceptable because it's not saudi?

Much like china was 10 years a go it's a bit harsh just to criticise anyone and everyone who goes there 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

And thats what we will miss the fast counter attacking player. Only bailey has that in his locker now. 

Doesnt shock me he scored on debut (obviously its a far poorer standard of football) but i think we are gonna regret this sale as season goes on

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is exactly how we should have used him. He was hardly ever on the shoulder and always in a pocket, his asset is his speed. 

Agreed - I thought we didn't utilise his speed as much as we could have done when that was one of his main attributes.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And thats what we will miss the fast counter attacking player. Only bailey has that in his locker now. 

Doesnt shock me he scored on debut (obviously its a far poorer standard of football) but i think we are gonna regret this sale as season goes on

Possibly -  hopefully some of the other attacking players can make up for that - for example Ramsey, Rogers and Philogene. We may also still replace Diaby although not with a like for like player.

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Possibly -  hopefully some of the other attacking players can make up for that - for example Ramsey, Rogers and Philogene. We may also still replace Diaby although not with a like for like player.

Its only pre season ans only  handful of brief appearances from JPB but even watching him at hull i just can't see him doing what diaby does (like the clip above) as well. Watched him at hull a few times and didnt see him do that.

I hope im wrong of course

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its only pre season ans only  handful of brief appearances from JPB but even watching him at hull i just can't see him doing what diaby does (like the clip above) as well. Watched him at hull a few times and didnt see him do that.

I hope im wrong of course

Yeah agree all players offer something slightly different but he (Philogene) might be more creative and/or be more successful at taking players on, for example, than Diaby. Hopefully if we do get a replacement it will be someone who can break at speed though.

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He was playing against Betis not a Saudi team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is exactly how we should have used him. He was hardly ever on the shoulder and always in a pocket, his asset is his speed. 

Yeah. Nuno Santos knows more than Emery.

I genuinely don't remember a single time we played him through like that. 

Teams just didn't play that high against us and I guess we used him in that number 10 position. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

What, ahead of Watkins?

Diaby not impressing was a Diaby issue. No one else.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We'll regret it exactly the same as we do right now...not at all as we got a good price for a player that did OK.

I'm sure it'll be brought up most times when we don't win though. Minds have been made up.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We'll regret it exactly the same as we do right now...not at all as we got a good price for a player that did OK.

I'm sure it'll be brought up most times when we don't win though. Minds have been made up.

Money no use unless we replace him with someone as good or better.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No point getting a good price if you dint replace him with the same quality or better which we have failed to do so far

If we score less and create less then rightly people will bring it up. If we carry on as we did last year not many will mention it. Judging from what ive seen already we are already missing elements of diabs and luizs skills in this team

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Money no use unless we replace him with someone as good or better.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No point getting a good price if you dint replace him with the same quality or better which we have failed to do so far

If we score less and create less then rightly people will bring it up. If we carry on as we did last year not many will mention it. Judging from what ive seen already we are already missing elements of diabs and luizs skills in this team

Rogers is better than him as a 10, where he was supposed to play.

Buendia is about the same as him. Inconsistent.

Next question.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â