Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

27 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Will wait to see who his replacement is but I feel sad we sold him and I don't believe it was the right decision. Time will tell I guess and probably hinges on who we can get through the door.

Attack looking weaker now and will be even more so when Duran goes so I hope we can convince some quality players to come here to replace them.

If he wanted to go, which is indicated, then the club definitely made the right decision. 

Got a decent fee, for a player that didn't want to be here...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If he wanted to go, which is indicated, then the club definitely made the right decision. 

I don't see it like that but ok. Might have been attracted to the Saudi money but I doubt he'd have sulked if he stayed here, much better league and CL nights and not the type of character.

Personally think it was more our decision due to financial reasons and wanting to bring someone else in who'll be a starter. Not like the Duran situation I don't think.

Hopefully we get Felix in as his replacement. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, striker said:

Really don’t think so. How many times was he subbed or didn’t start games?

Too good an offer to turn down and before any regrets wait and see who Villa bring in?

I really have got concerns with the current team in goals. We have lost around 15-20 goals a season selling luiz and diaby. As you say ill wait see who replacement is but diaby had a better 1st season than bailey i thibk he would have been better 2nd season.  When he was on it he was a real handful

• Like 1

Weak and never really settled in with the physical side of the PL. Saw him countless times being out muscled for the ball and lack aggression in the tackle and in fighting for possession.  He looked for protection from the ref far to many times and it was often in vain. In the end I think he gave in and his confidence suffered. 

He was quick and skillful when given time on the ball but he was never going to get that in the premier league. Good business from us to get that type of money for him and I wish him well. I'm sure he will flourish in a different,  less physical,  league. 

• Like 2

Sorry to see him go but it felt like his heart was elsewhere towards the end of the season.

The player who first arrived at VP looked a class above the rest and the relationship he had with Leon was there for all to see. The good news is that Bailey has now risen to that level.

He always seemed like a decent guy and has now gone without making an unsightly fuss.

Moussa, thank you for your contribution to getting us to the current level, the memories, your smile and providing us with a great chant!😀

will be very interesting to see we replace him with.

Onwards!

• Like 1

Easy to see this as a disappointment and a success. Signed for big money big potential gave us some good moments but was infuriatingly shit for others, made a profit and probably sorted our PSR for this season meaning we don’t have another Luiz situation next June.

wasnt great more a what could have been but that is on the player. 

I'm.okay with selling him as long as we buy a high profile player to replace him.  Whether that is Felix or someone else.  No doubt Duran will be next so I hope Monchi and Emery have it sorted else the attack will be weaker not stronger going into a very big season.

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Heard he is on 400k per week - TAX FREE. 

I don't think he wanted to leave, but just couldn't say no - and I don't blame him. 

49 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Heard he is on 400k per week - TAX FREE. 

I don't think he wanted to leave, but just couldn't say no - and I don't blame him. 

If money is all that is to live for, I'd rather die now....

23 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If money is all that is to live for, I'd rather die now....

He probably grew up in poverty and he has a kid as well now. These are incredible riches for his family in a culture that probably suits him better than England

Just now, Zatman said:

He probably grew up in poverty and he has a kid as well now. These are incredible riches for his family in a culture that probably suits him better than England

Each to their own.... Still lacks ambition 

Remember the away game at St James Park first game of the season, despite the result, he looked VERY good. Was expecting more from him but he didn't really ignite the league like I thought he might.

Stats weren't too bad, and I do think he would have been better next season. Hopefully JPG can step up when called upon.

All about who we get to replace him with now, hopefully Felix, who is definitely better suited to play behind Watkins.

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Each to their own.... Still lacks ambition 

Taking a higher wage for less work in your job is lacking ambition?

Just now, Zatman said:

Taking a higher wage for less work in your job is lacking ambition?

You're going round in circles.... I don't care about how rich he is, Kim Kardashian is rich...

Yes he lacks ambition, if you're only argument is money find someone else to discuss it with...

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You're going round in circles.... I don't care about how rich he is, Kim Kardashian is rich...

Yes he lacks ambition, if you're only argument is money find someone else to discuss it with...

You keep ignoring the fact he is Muslim and Saudi Arabia is a sacred land

Also football is a job not all players like football so dont care about trophies

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

You keep ignoring the fact he is Muslim and Saudi Arabia is a sacred land

Also football is a job not all players like football so dont care about trophies

I don't care about his religion 😅 and I'm well aware that there are plenty of footballers (and people in general) who only care about money, who also lack ambition to achieve anything substantial with their lives...

I'm glad you are happy for him!

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't care about his religion 😅 and I'm well aware that there are plenty of footballers (and people in general) who only care about money, who also lack ambition to achieve anything substantial with their lives...

I'm glad you are happy for him!

Harsh 

What is ambition in football? He should stay at villa and play CL? He's already played CL, he's already played bundesliga he's already played PL, he should stay at villa and want to win the PL? There's an argument that he's not unambitious he's unfortunately realistic... You can go all the way back and argue that he lacked ambition and should never have left PSG, he should have stayed at Leverkusen* but so far he's done ok for himself 

I'd say the only thing you can really criticise him over is he's always been on the brink of the national team which is very hard to crack and now he won't be 

Going to Saudi is shit , doing it in the prime of your career is even shitter but "lack of ambition" to me doesn't really wash, there needs to be a sense of reality about Aston Villa in that statement, we're doing well and we're getting better but we've still done nothing yet, he's got more chance of a medal there than he has here next season

* That said both the teams he left won the league the year after...

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Harsh 

What is ambition in football? He should stay at villa and play CL? He's already played CL, he's already played bundesliga he's already played PL, he should stay at villa and want to win the PL? There's an argument that he's not unambitious he's unfortunately realistic... You can go all the way back and argue that he lacked ambition and should never have left PSG, he should have stayed at Leverkusen* but so far he's done ok for himself 

I'd say the only thing you can really criticise him over is he's always been on the brink of the national team which is very hard to crack and now he won't be 

Going to Saudi is shit , doing it in the prime of your career is even shitter but "lack of ambition" to me doesn't really wash, there needs to be a sense of reality about Aston Villa in that statement, we're doing well and we're getting better but we've still done nothing yet, he's got more chance of a medal there than he has here next season

* That said both the teams he left won the league the year after...

I'm happy for people to disagree with me, I don't expect people to share my views. 

I don't think it's harsh and I definitely think the only reason why a talented footballer goes to the Saudi league in the prime of their career is because they have little or no ambition in regards to the football field...

Money doesn't impress me....

I know I'm weird!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm happy for people to disagree with me, I don't expect people to share my views. 

I don't think it's harsh and I definitely think the only reason why a talented footballer goes to the Saudi league in the prime of their career is because they have little or no ambition in regards to the football field...

Money doesn't impress me....

I know I'm weird!

But what I'm saying in ambition for what?

You can argue that if he had ambition he wouldn't be a villa player 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â