Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

A shame but it would appear he’s pushed for the move. Financially it makes sense for both him and us. Like others have said he would probably have kicked on next season.

In a few year's Diaby will be a quiz question where most will completely forget he played for us. 

Now to reinvest the money wisely.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Good luck Moussa 💜 and thanks for helping us achieve a feat many haven't seen in our lifetime. 

It looks a forced smile, bring him back!!! 😭😭😭

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Can't be often a club spends a record fee and they are gone a season later.

It's like a rich man's version of the Unsworth deal 😅

I get money talks but this is just a waste of a supremely talented footballer.

Hey ho. Good luck Moussa. Guess we will never know how good you could have been. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Good move for all and we will reinvest it wisely, I’m sure moving forward we will be much better at making profits from sales. 

10 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m estimating we’ve made about £10m total 

we paid around £35m, and I’m sure he’s triggered some add ons, so I think we spent about £40m total 

selling him for £50m

About 10m profit

Not sure about others but I do wonder if £10m will be worth it. Completely get from a PSR perspective it gives greater flexibility but I just thought if we were selling after one year and to Saudi it'd be for a bigger profit 

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

Not sure about others but I do wonder if £10m will be worth it. Completely get from a PSR perspective it gives greater flexibility but I just thought if we were selling after one year and to Saudi it'd be for a bigger profit 

We might have something imminent in mind to follow up  - no point keeping a player who wishes to leave either. 

Just looking at Bailey's form the season Emery joined, after that Man Utd debut game he only managed 1 goal and 2 assists the rest of the season. I can't remember his exact performances but he was in and out the starting 11 a lot.

I wonder if Diaby wasn't meant to play with Bailey at all and was very much his replacement and they were suppose to fight for the same spot. Bailey's form meant Diaby became second choice of the two, Emery tried to put them together but it never really worked. However much he cost, it's a lot of money if you can't play him and Bailey together and make it work, perhaps it's a chance to reinvest these funds quickly in a better area.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â