Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m estimating we’ve made about £10m total 

we paid around £35m, and I’m sure he’s triggered some add ons, so I think we spent about £40m total 

selling him for £50m

About 10m profit

Or £18m in PSR world (using your numbers would give him a book value now of £32m)

I'm a bit torn about this, I don't really like the idea of investing in a player and then selling the next summer, especially not someone I rate. I think he showed some great quality last season even if he wasn't fully consistent. Very few players has that speed, can go past players, but also is a great passer and connects well with his team mates, also liked his work rate and his attitude. I think he has a higher ceiling than any other than our attacking players and I think he could have been immense for us next season.

At the same time, with Bailey performing so well and other players coming in, together with us perhaps needing the money for PSR reasons, I'm still pretty ok with this.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm a bit torn about this, I don't really like the idea of investing in a player and then selling the next summer, especially not someone I rate. I think he showed some great quality last season even if he wasn't fully consistent. Very few players has that speed, can go past players, but also is a great passer and connects well with his team mates, also liked his work rate and his attitude. I think he has a higher ceiling than any other than our attacking players and I think he could have been immense for us next season.

At the same time, with Bailey performing so well and other players coming in, together with us perhaps needing the money for PSR reasons, I'm still pretty ok with this.

If he'd stayed he'd have got better I reckon but if he's prepared to go to Saudi for the cash that tells it's own story.

• Like 2

It’s a shame the club decided to cash in on Diaby, truly believe he would have gone to another level this season. Wish him the best, was the consummate professional and deserves all our thanks.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â