Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

With respect to diaby I struggle to see how these guys rate him a €60m player

I'm somewhat glad that they do but he is kinda bang average to me. If he has the pace he claims, he doesn't tend to use it, downt have a plethora of tricks up his sleeve to beat a man. I don't even really see the marketing potential as he has, again with all due respect, the charisma of tin of baked beans.

I think he posted good numbers last year as a result of the team around him and Emery's system, but I don't really think he's a game changer by himself 

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Random place for a medical 🤣🤣

It’s their pre-season location which is super random. Benidorm wasn’t on my list of Saudi teams on pre season location reveals 😂

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

With respect to diaby I struggle to see how these guys rate him a €60m player

I'm somewhat glad that they do but he is kinda bang average to me. If he has the pace he claims, he doesn't tend to use it, downt have a plethora of tricks up his sleeve to beat a man. I don't even really see the marketing potential as he has, again with all due respect, the charisma of tin of baked beans.

I think he posted good numbers last year as a result of the team around him and Emery's system, but I don't really think he's a game changer by himself 

It’s a damning review. 

yet I somewhat agree with 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s their pre-season location which is super random. Benidorm wasn’t on my list of Saudi teams on pre season location reveals 😂

Ye especially with the 3 euro fish and chips with a cup of tea deal. Served by Val from Stockport, who hates that foreign muck! I guess the heat and couple of teams nearby is good for them to train?

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Watched this earlier, his general play was definitely inconsistent but he really was involved in a decent portion of goals in one form or another. Will be interesting to see how we go about covering that output.

Brilliant watch overall. He really did give us a lot of great moments. What I like about  him is his ability to find that half yard of space or a clever pass, and I'm sure he would have seen lots more. Sad to see him go, but I'm  sure the club will have a good plan for it. 

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Watched this earlier, his general play was definitely inconsistent but he really was involved in a decent portion of goals in one form or another. Will be interesting to see how we go about covering that output.

Anyone miss Dougie, just that little bit more, after watching that?

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I just don't understand why a player in the prime of his career would go there to play football. Whatever you win, no - one outside of SA gives a Tom - Tit 

Football isnt the be all and end all. Some players hate football and its a job

Saudi is probably a better place for him and his family than England especially if he is religious

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I just don't understand why a player in the prime of his career would go there to play football. Whatever you win, no - one outside of SA gives a Tom - Tit 

Nor do I but he's going to earn a lot more money although when you earn what he earns at Villa I don't see the point. He's either sacrificing the prime of his career for greed or it's something else. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Nor do I but he's going to earn a lot more money although when you earn what he earns at Villa I don't see the point. He's either sacrificing the prime of his career for greed or it's something else. 

In fairness to Moussa - he’s getting coached by the legend Laurent Blanc, lives in a Muslim country (despite how repressive and extreme the Saudi state is), and whilst gaining a massive pay increase can set his family up for many lifetimes - and as a Muslim, will pay 2.5% of that income each year on charities so many will benefit. I’m sure there might be other factors. But I don’t begrudge him. We make a tidy profit ultimately. 

• Like 4

Just now, The_Steve said:

In fairness to Moussa - he’s getting coached by the legend Laurent Blanc, lives in a Muslim country (despite how repressive and extreme the Saudi state is), and whilst gaining a massive pay increase can set his family up for many lifetimes - and as a Muslim, will pay 2.5% of that income each year on charities so many will benefit. I’m sure there might be other factors. But I don’t begrudge him. We make a tidy profit ultimately. 

Neither do I begrudge him.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Neither do I begrudge him.  

I didn’t mean to infer that you did not 😀but yes going to be interesting to see how many seasons he sticks it out for there tbh 

Just now, The_Steve said:

I didn’t mean to infer that you did not 😀but yes going to be interesting to see how many seasons he sticks it out for there tbh 

I know you didn't.  I like him, it's ashame he's going but if we can use the money to get Felix or someone else I'm okay with it. 

Guessing he’ll have VIP access to do the Hajj pilgrimage thing as part of the deal, who knows how important that is to a practising Muslim (aside from other practising Muslims of course), assuming of course he hasn’t done it already.

The reasons for the move is based on assumptions. I was merely questioning it from a personal ambition point of view. Let's not forget, he had the option of going there before choosing us. It just feels to me, like he doesn't have the self - belief to hold down a regular role in the side. I think he got the vibe that Unai was, maybe, a little doubtful about him being built, mentally and physically, for the Premier League. 

That's my read on it.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think he got the vibe that Unai was, maybe, a little doubtful about him being built, mentally and physically, for the Premier League. 

That's my read on it.

I think Unai challenges the players on what they are and what they can be. Alongside all the tactically stuff. Bailey, Watkins, Konsa and Rodger’s are absolutely stepping up to this challenge

Maybe you are right he doesn’t fancy that challenge and regrets not going to Saudi in the first place. But I don’t think we would be selling him if we didn’t want to so maybe Unai doesn’t think he up to it either.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â