Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I keep reading how it’s a big fee… but it’s not is it! It’s barely much more then what we paid for him.

Firstly, we don’t know the number. It’s all speculation.

Secondly, it’s all about accounting now not actual fee paid or received. We have unlimited cash, just limited room within PSR. So you have to think about this transfer versus his book value, not versus what we paid for him. Which means you immediately get a 20% boost to how much it’s “worth” (if he was on a five-year deal).

Thirdly, for the same reason, a £10m profit equates to £50m we can spend on a new player (not exactly, because of variables, but ballpark).

None of which is to say you’re wrong if you think we should have got more for him - just all worth thinking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Or because he's not good enough. I think he's a decent player and would play best in a 4-3-3 system as a wide forward but we don't play that way. I'm not happy to see him leave and I'm not sad either. In these days of supporting PSR United, FFP Rovers and Co-efficient FC then it's likely this is a just too good an offer for our accountants to refuse. No biggie, we have Philogene to replace him already and he'll be worth £50m by next summer. 

Did you think Bailey was good enough in his first two seasons?

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I wonder what sort of add-ons would they be?  Win the league?  Win the Asian Champions League? 

Or simpler ones such as play 40 games, start 20 games, etc.

Just wonder how much of the cash we need to give to Leverkusen as we supposedly still owed them a chunk from the initial payment (£34m i think).

Just now, _AA_786 said:

Just wonder how much of the cash we need to give to Leverkusen as we supposedly still owed them a chunk from the initial payment (£34m i think).

Cashflow doesn't matter.  The full transfer is accounted for already.  If there's no sell on cause then we'll be doing a good profit on him.

• Like 1

Let's assume Diaby was on £6m wages, we have a £7m fee amortisation per year and we'd pay say £3m in add ons this season. So in the accounts side he would be a cost of £16m this season. However we have sold him for £50m and he had a remaining book value of £27.5m so we book a £22.5m profit and we remove the £16m of projected cost. 

So our net PSR position is now around £38.5m better off. I'm sure we'll use some of the headroom on his replacement but we've improved our position a lot.

If we say sign Felix for £40m and £7.5m in salary on a 5 year deal. That's £15.5 per year cost, that's 2.5 years covered by the Diaby sale.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I do a very similar pose into the bathroom mirror each morning and then, after quick visit to the throne, I feel much better knowing I'm totally empty.

You've got a lot of issues.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I do a very similar pose into the bathroom mirror each morning and then, after quick visit to the throne, I feel much better knowing I'm totally empty.

Hahahha 👌

55 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Let's assume Diaby was on £6m wages, we have a £7m fee amortisation per year and we'd pay say £3m in add ons this season. So in the accounts side he would be a cost of £16m this season. However we have sold him for £50m and he had a remaining book value of £27.5m so we book a £22.5m profit and we remove the £16m of projected cost. 

So our net PSR position is now around £38.5m better off. I'm sure we'll use some of the headroom on his replacement but we've improved our position a lot.

If we say sign Felix for £40m and £7.5m in salary on a 5 year deal. That's £15.5 per year cost, that's 2.5 years covered by the Diaby sale.

Fee is £50m including addons as per Romano. So take away +- £5m from that profit this year...it might kick in next year if the criteria are met.

Watched this earlier, his general play was definitely inconsistent but he really was involved in a decent portion of goals in one form or another. Will be interesting to see how we go about covering that output.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â