Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

58 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

while featuring in every single prem game.

Like a lot of others, I feel like Unai has earned our trust but this transfer feels like weve sold a player with 14 GA in his first season and were hoping to use all the money to buy another player who might get a similar number

Probably yeah. But we'll be hoping he plays much better that Diaby. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Agreed. I don't worry so much about our attack other than the lack of a proven back-up / partner for Ollie. But you're right that especially in the CL, it will help to be better defensively and the push to more physical players intimates that Unai/Monchi are trying to drive down that goals conceded figure. 

That figure stood out like a sore thumb.

not to mention the eye test of a few 4+ goal reversals……strong teams still lose, but not like that, the odd goal, sure….but being mullered is a bad look, and a clear signal of a weakness, particularly, when we have the best goalkeeper around.

I honestly believe, the way they are going about driving that figure down will paradoxically improve the offensive threat.

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

The only problem with that and PSR is you can't build anything sustainable if you have to keep selling and buying players before they reach their max potential. The system is broke.

Oh, it's horrific. But it's there and if this means we don't have to sell our "best" players, we've done well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

If he wants to leave though there isn’t a whole bunch we can really do. Perhaps he hasn’t really settled here. 

Maybe there's truth in this. If he went to any of the top leagues of Europe it would be completely understandable, but for someone as good as Moussa to head to such a league at 25 is like a Formula 1 car entering a demolition derby.

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I find it absurd how we can label a guy who's had 6 goals and 8 assist in his first season a flop

Exactly this. He wasn't and contributed to a great season. 

Wether we replace him remains to be seen.

5 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Never mentioned Zaniolo. I said Luiz and Diaby. Duran soon off too. Two major weapons off bench and key player. Nearly half our G/A in the league lost from last season. You say numbers don't mean anything but they kinda do. 

Not expecting 4th but I think if we want to give the other teams a run for their money we need to give Emery more tools. Right now I see us 7th or 8th which would be a shame because we did so much to get 4th in the first place and regressing isn't what anyone wants. I think we'll sign someone else too, hopefully a couple of big proven signings so we go into the season confident we can upset the apple cart again.

Weird how you have faith in what Romano says like some oracle, but question the very people that have transformed the club.

As I said earlier (and you don’t disappoint/disturb/upset me) I have far more trust in their understanding of our strengths/weaknesses than yours 

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I find it absurd how we can label a guy who's had 6 goals and 8 assist in his first season a flop

I think most people aren't labelling him a flop, just that his performances didn't live up to the price tag. He has the ability but his form dropped off after the first 10 games, which might have been because he or his family weren't settled here. 

I think if he isn’t happy and wants to go then taking a big fee and cashing in seems to suit all parties. This will be the second highest fee we’ve ever received.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macandally said:

Weird how you have faith in what Romano says like some oracle, but question the very people that have transformed the club.

As I said earlier (and you don’t disappoint/disturb/upset me) I have far more trust in their understanding of our strengths/weaknesses than yours 

Oh no, I’m so butthurt that you don’t trust what I say or have my back, what on earth will I do??!! 😭😪

But yes I’m basically right.

Edited by Leeroy

23 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Oh no, I’m so butthurt that you don’t trust what I say or have my back, what on earth will I do??!! 😭😪

But yes I’m basically right.

To be fair mate, not surprised your butt hurts when you’re that far up it! 

Crack on with your whining, I am sure someone appreciates it 😉👋

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

The only problem with that and PSR is you can't build anything sustainable if you have to keep selling and buying players before they reach their max potential. The system is broke.

If Emery thought Diaby's potential was that high, we wouldn't be selling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

People only used to get this tetchy when there was no transfer activity going on!

Some people have very short memories, I hate entitled United & Plop fans, I hope to god we never turn into those arseholes but i do worry at times 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Some people have very short memories, I hate entitled United & Plop fans, I hope to god we never turn into those arseholes but i do worry at times 

As long as our lads don't give up, the manager doesn't leave us holding our heads in our hands because of his bizarre decisions and we don't go bankrupt I will be happy. If we improve on the previous season I will be delighted and if we actually win something, I don't know what I'll do. As long as I can feel proud to be a Villa fan, that's all that matters to me 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If Emery thought Diaby's potential was that high, we wouldn't be 

400k a week is a huge reason for him going but yes maybe  there's reasons we are not privy too. 

19 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

People only used to get this tetchy when there was no transfer activity going on!

It’s actually quite entertaining. Cue Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif lol.

15 hours ago, macandally said:

“I guess you haven’t watched the preseason games.”  A question, still no answer? 

I don’t live in a bubble, it’s a forum so typically stuff gets discussed.  You don’t think Rogers is ready, I do, there we go.  Differing opinions, personally I am not going to lose sleep over it and as United show time and time again, spunking cash is no guarantee of success.

Book mark this, Rogers is next years Bailey.  He will fly! 

Guess - Verb

estimate or conclude (something) without sufficient information to be sure of being correct.

"He guessed that another Villa talker hadn’t watched any pre season games"

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â