Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

We making about £20m psr profit on the sale but we are also removing his £7m yearly amortisation charge and his wages (100k?) from our books. This gives room to make a substantial signing (and before anyone asks, no, we are not signing Nico Williams 😊)

When does Nico sign?

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

I think Rodgers is great, but he’s still learning and not Champions League ready. I just don’t see us selling Diaby without upgrading the position.

I don’t think Brendan is all that

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure Buendia has played a minute on the left under Emery. He’s CAM or plays off the right.

Rogers also, not played a second on the right. Baileys domain when fit, or McGinn in a different formation.  

Think he did in preseason, before he got injured 🤦‍♂️

Might’ve been the plan.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Rogers is ready for Champions League ball. He’s going to be big for us this season. 

Thought Emery was quoted as he is still a Championship player…

I believe wants someone who can play at that level now, not in 1-2 years time.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think Brendan is all that

spacer.png

No, sometimes the auto correction is annoying on an iPhone.

24 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Thought Emery was quoted as he is still a Championship player…

I believe wants someone who can play at that level now, not in 1-2 years time.

Sorry  Emery did indeed say that but it was after he signed.

Now under Emery we are seeing a vastly superior player.

I predict (hope) it's a great season for Rogers at Villa.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sorry  Emery did indeed say that but it was after he signed.

Now under Emery we are seeing a vastly superior player.

I predict (hope) it's a great season for Rogers at Villa.

No one is questioning the ability of the lad, but it’s a stretch when the player made the comment in March/April, to suddenly be a CL ready player 3 months later.

He will play CL games no doubt, but I feel Emery wants someone who is an upgrade on Diaby and CL experience ready.

Otherwise why sell him? They know who they are buying with the Diaby money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QldVilla said:

No one is questioning the ability of the lad, but it’s a stretch when the player made the comment in March/April, to suddenly be a CL ready player 3 months later.

He will play CL games no doubt, but I feel Emery wants someone who is an upgrade on Diaby and CL experience ready.

Players progress quickly. Under Emery Villa have one of the best managers around and he is known for improving players quickly.

Bailey is first choice and Emery obviously favours him over Diaby. Villa have now acquired Philogene who can also play right of left. Emery wants options, fluidity in the team. Rogers can play a couple of different positions, in contrast I'm not sure Diaby could.

Signing Onana gives us strength in the middle too where perhaps last season Villa were a little soft.

Villa cash in on Diaby and we move on. I'd doubt Villa are interested in another wide attacker but you never know.

• Like 2

This all makes me a bit sad. I hope he doesn’t regret this for his own career unless he intends to just make insane bank and then go back to the big time. I suppose he might not necessarily get the chance when he’s older.

But even then I don’t really get the go to Saudi and make money argument. You’re hardly a pauper being a premier league footballer. What exactly can he not afford on his current salary? His own space program maybe?

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This all makes me a bit sad. I hope he doesn’t regret this for his own career unless he intends to just make insane bank and then go back to the big time. I suppose he might not necessarily get the chance when he’s older.

But even then I don’t really get the go to Saudi and make money argument. You’re hardly a pauper being a premier league footballer. What exactly can he not afford on his current salary? His own space program maybe?

Basically earn like 5 years wages in a year or 2. Probably a whole new generation sorted. Who knows what can happen in a career, they're so short. Plus it's not like he can't come back to Europe once he's had his fill like some older players are now doing.

4 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I guess you haven’t watched the preseason games, not the greatest opposition but has shone more than anyone else in the pitch 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I suppose it’s the difference between making yourself rich beyond your wildest dreams or making you, your parents, your children, future grandchildren, your aunts and uncles, brothers, sisters and best friends all rich beyond their wildest dreams too. 

To be fair to him, he turned it down once but I can well imagine him questioning his life choices whilst sat on the bench at Luton away in the freezing cold (or whoever, I can’t remember the lineup for Luton Away!).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I suppose it’s the difference between making yourself rich beyond your wildest dreams or making you, your parents, your children, future grandchildren, your aunts and uncles, brothers, sisters and best friends all rich beyond their wildest dreams too. 

Very close to what KDB said weeks ago about a potential move to Saudi 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, macandally said:

Nothing against you mate, but I trust Monchi and Unai far more than yourself to decide whether we have sold/bought the right players or not.  They have earned it a touch more 

I never said I knew better than them did I. I think people need to learn to not be so sensitive when someone gives an opposing view, I know it’s hip to be relentlessly positive on here but I don’t feel this about this sale until we get a proven replacement in.

I just look at our ‘final third’ players and think we are behind the other top 8 teams now. We have a good midfield, good defence generally, a world class goalkeeper and striker, but our wingers/attacking mids are mostly potential players and below strength. I even think West Ham’s players behind the striker are better than ours.

We basically have Bailey and Watkins as ‘sure things’. Rogers is showing great potential, but we still only have 11 games last season to go off. Ramsey and Buendia are off long term injuries and no one knows how good they will be this season, they currently aren’t even available anyway. Philogene and Iling Jr again are potential and no one knows how they will do. 

Spurs have Richarlison, Son, Maddison, Johnson, Werner, Kulusevski. They already have more strength than us, if they get Eze they will be much stronger than us.

Man Utd have Hoijlund, Zirkzee, Garnacho, Fernandes, Rashford. Again better options than us.

Newcastle: Gordon, Isak, Wilson, Bruno, Almiron, Barnes, Joelinton. 

Even West Ham have Paqueta, Bowen, Kudus, Ward Prowse. They don’t have a decent striker but the options behind are more proven than ours.

I think we’ve strengthened defensively and could concede under 50 goals next season but I am genuinely worried we could score at least 20 goals less next season with the goals and creativity we have lost. Anyone who thinks we won’t suffer here without further strengthening frankly has their head in the clouds.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

It’s a hard though isn’t it, if we were offered all this wealth in an easier job, to a country that’s closer to my personal beliefs, warmer climate for my family and I then you can see why he’s done it.  Also it’s not as if he’s got an affiliation with England whereas if it was an English kid taking this offer.  In terms of his career, what is the objective of his career? Play loads of games in the PL and CL and may win a medal or two at best.  I can certainly see the appeal in his shoes of Saudi and that’s before thinking whether he and his family felt settled in England or not.  I’m very sad to see him go but I completely understand why him and others take the opportunity.

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

Read he’s on £19,500,000 so like £375k a week.

Zero tax too, hard to turn down shirley.

That’s it. He doesn’t support Villa and that’s a lot of coin to turn down. I am a little disappointed he’s going but good luck to him in his future.  We move on!

• Like 2

If we don’t sign anyone to replace him then I hope the posters who believe Diaby is dispensable and doesn’t require a new signing coming in don’t start slagging people off who complain during the season when we’re nowhere near 4th and we question why Diaby wasn’t properly replaced.

Anyhow I think they will sign some kind of high profile replacement.

6 hours ago, QldVilla said:

No, sometimes the auto correction is annoying on an iPhone.

You killed the joke 😢 

it is a pain though isn’t it? 😆

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â