Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I find it interesting that this transfer has been rumbling on for so long. I’ve no doubt they’ve been haggling on price, fine, but maybe there was something in that Percy statement of Villa wanting to sign a replacement before Diaby goes. Even now, reports suggest the agreement is verbal..

Maybe it’s only verbal because we’ve had a verbal ‘yes’ from a player we’re trying to sign. Maybe the delay has been waiting for THAT player. 

It kinda makes sense albeit I don’t think Diaby needs replacing all that much. Bailey, Tielemans, Rogers are all better in that position and now we have Philogene on top.

We could have 55+ games this season, selling Diaby allows for increased depth but also an upgrade in quality on the pitch. We need to upgrade the spine for Champions League.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

And no one thought that at the time, including yourself. He can play multiple positions including Ramsey’s which makes me believe there’s another player coming in for that role and an upgrade on Diaby.

I wasn't wailing like some were over fee. I thought he could play striker after watching him in Boro Chelsea cup game. Might have posted as much, can't remember

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I find it interesting that this transfer has been rumbling on for so long. Talk has been we’re haggling on price, fine, but are the Saudi’s really haggling over £5m if a target they want has agreed to join them? Not for me. Maybe there was something in that Percy statement of Villa wanting to sign a replacement before Diaby goes. Even now, reports suggest the agreement is verbal..

Maybe it’s only verbal because we’ve had a verbal ‘yes’ from a player we’re trying to sign. Maybe the delay has been waiting for THAT player. 

It kinda makes sense albeit I don’t think Diaby needs replacing all that much. Bailey, Tielemans, Rogers are all better in that position and now we have Philogene on top.

This seems to be the way with a lot of these Saudi deals, maybe they are really trying to milk every bit of publicity out of every deal they do, so just let them drag on as long as they can

Newcastle fans are very salty - they think that teams in the SPL shouldn't be helping their rivals by buying players at such high prices. They are wondering how we got this much for Diaby but they were only paid £25m for ASM! The whole world is against them I tell ya! 🤣 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Don't think it was. From the beginning Diaby was played as SS not as a winger, with cash and others being played at RM before Bailey got into form.

You would think if diaby was singed as Bailey wasn't trusted, he would have played RM, no?

We don't really play with a RM though, do we?

Midfield four is McGinn, Tielemens, Luiz / Onana and then one of JJ, Rogers or Buendia.

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I wasn't wailing like some were over fee. I thought he could play striker after watching him in Boro Chelsea cup game. Might have posted as much, can't remember

I think Rodgers is great, but he’s still learning and not Champions League ready. I just don’t see us selling Diaby without upgrading the position.

18 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I think Rodgers is great, but he’s still learning and not Champions League ready. I just don’t see us selling Diaby without upgrading the position.

Need to fix your phone auto complete from years of (Brendan) Rodgers to Rogers

23 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Rogers is ready for Champions League ball. He’s going to be big for us this season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You can make a very strong argument that we don’t need to upgrade at 10/SS at all as Rogers is our starter there and Buendia is a very capable rotation. 

But fans like shiny things. Depends on how high you see Rogers level. 

As things stand, Rogers will rotate with Bailey I think. I see Buendia more on the left if he plays. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â