Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Big sale, and we don't get top 4 without his contribution last season, Luiz and Diaby played a lot of minutes and there is some necessity in those sales, in an ideal situation we'd be adding to our squad on top of this, but I trust Unai to make us competitive again this season in both the CL and league.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Seems so strange. 

Going to be an odd player to think back on in a few years time. 

That's ridiculous money for a player who isn't in our best 11. 

Summed up 100%. Not a nailed on starter, 60 million euro. Done.

Its about time we got some of the stupid middle eastern money...

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 1

Had great potential but I don't think he settled in the UK and that impacted his game as time went on. I don't think he would have pushed on next season under these circumstances. Any player needs to be happy at home to succeed on the pitch.

Under these circumstances hes strengthened us more by leaving, the money can be spent elsewhere,  than staying.

Good luck Diaby, thanks for your help in starting our revolution. UTV

• Like 3

I can see why we are taking the money but I'd have liked to have kept him, I thought he looked a real player that just needed some more time to adapt, not only to a new league but also to a different position and system that Emery had him in. 

Disappointed tbh but hopefully allows us to bring another top quality attacker in. 

Otherwise, much as I hate to say it, Luiz to Onana and Diaby to Bidace is a downgraded squad without question.

Despite credible stats and performances, feel he never quite fit into Emery's system.  This is a good outcome for all parties. Between the sales of Luiz and Diaby - also great to see us finally flipping players for profits.

36 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I can see why we are taking the money but I'd have liked to have kept him, I thought he looked a real player that just needed some more time to adapt, not only to a new league but also to a different position and system that Emery had him in. 

Disappointed tbh but hopefully allows us to bring another top quality attacker in. 

Otherwise, much as I hate to say it, Luiz to Onana and Diaby to Bidace is a downgraded squad without question.

Onana won’t be the Doug replacement in midfield and we’ll replace Diaby with a better team fit. Once the dust settles we’ll have a much better squad and team I’m sure of it.

• Like 1

For me, this transfer only works if we sign a better player than Diaby for the SS role.

Felix (SS) and Williams names keep popping up and with the Ramsey link for Lo Celso with Spurs, Williams would be a big upgrade on Ramsey. 

Not saying either or both will happen, however there has always been a plan and with Barca being a clown show up against Emery and Monchi, there would be a lot of respect internally within Spain that the outside world wouldn’t notice.

This is week is going to be interesting.

• Like 1

To make such a marquee signing in Diaby last summer and then sell him pretty much exactly a year later completely baffles me but then nothing surprises me with Monchi any more. 

His 5 year deal has only been amortised by one year, so our profit is not exactly huge as it seems we are only getting €60m (£51m), if we did this for PSR reasons we sold the wrong player. 

We've lost Diaby and Luiz from last season now which is 28 G/A in the league. I don't think we currently have enough attacking talent to make up this shortfall, so we clearly need a big signing in attack. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

His 5 year deal has only been amortised by one year, so our profit is not exactly huge as it seems we are only getting €60m (£51m), if we did this for PSR reasons we sold the wrong player. 

Book value of £28m left, therefore £23m profit within 12 months.

We’ll have a much better squad by the time we get to mid-August and starting the season. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

To make such a marquee signing in Diaby last summer and then sell him pretty much exactly a year later completely baffles me but then nothing surprises me with Monchi any more. 

We've lost Diaby and Luiz from last season now which is 28 G/A in the league. I don't think we currently have enough attacking talent to make up this shortfall, so we clearly need a big signing in attack. 

We making about £20m psr profit on the sale but we are also removing his £7m yearly amortisation charge and his wages (100k?) from our books. This gives room to make a substantial signing (and before anyone asks, no, we are not signing Nico Williams 😊)

Edited by Czarnikjak

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We making about £20m psr profit on the sale but we are also removing his £7m yearly amortisation charge and his wages (100k?) from our books. This gives room to make a substantial signing.

Hubba hubba 

I think part of the Diaby singing was a lack of (entirely justified) faith in Bailey. Bailey has since developed more than we could ever have imagined, so is Bailey, Diaby's replacement? Philogene in to provide support on that side of the pitch, with Rogers also competing for games in SS?

We've boxed cleverly so far this summer, I have complete faith the powers at be know exactly what they're doing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

For me, this transfer only works if we sign a better player than Diaby for the SS role.

We did already when we signed Rogers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I think part of the Diaby singing was a lack of (entirely justified) faith in Bailey. Bailey has since developed more than we could ever have imagined, so is Bailey, Diaby's replacement? Philogene in to provide support on that side of the pitch, with Rogers also competing for games in SS?

We've boxed cleverly so far this summer, I have complete faith the powers at be know exactly what they're doing.

Don't think it was. From the beginning Diaby was played as SS not as a winger, with cash and others being played at RM before Bailey got into form.

You would think if diaby was singed as Bailey wasn't trusted, he would have played RM, no?

Posted (edited)

I find it interesting that this transfer has been rumbling on for so long. Talk has been we’re haggling on price, fine, but are the Saudi’s really haggling over £5m if a target they want has agreed to join them? Not for me. Maybe there was something in that Percy statement of Villa wanting to sign a replacement before Diaby goes. Even now, reports suggest the agreement is verbal..

Maybe it’s only verbal because we’ve had a verbal ‘yes’ from a player we’re trying to sign. Maybe the delay has been waiting for THAT player. 

It kinda makes sense albeit I don’t think Diaby needs replacing all that much. Bailey, Tielemans, Rogers are all better in that position and now we have Philogene on top.

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We did already when we signed Rogers

And no one thought that at the time, including yourself. He can play multiple positions including Ramsey’s which makes me believe there’s another player coming in for that role and an upgrade on Diaby.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â