Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Does anyone know how sales and profit work on amortized transfers?

The figure we signed him for is commonly reported as £34.6m. We've only had him for one year so have only paid £6.92m (I'm ignoring any potential add-ons owed to Leverkusen as we've no idea what they were depending on).

Do we now write off the rest of the transfer book value because we've sold him? Or does that remaining £27.68m still hang around on our books for the next four years in £6.92m increments?

Further to this, if we get (for example) £50m from the Al Ittihad deal, does that count as £15.4m profit on our books because of the total original fee? Or is it £43.08m profit based on the fee amortized so far?

I wish this was easier to understand!

Just now, JPAngel said:

Does anyone know how sales and profit work on amortized transfers?

The figure we signed him for is commonly reported as £34.6m. We've only had him for one year so have only paid £6.92m (I'm ignoring any potential add-ons owed to Leverkusen as we've no idea what they were depending on).

Do we now write off the rest of the transfer book value because we've sold him? Or does that remaining £27.68m still hang around on our books for the next four years in £6.92m increments?

Further to this, if we get (for example) £50m from the Al Ittihad deal, does that count as £15.4m profit on our books because of the total original fee? Or is it £43.08m profit based on the fee amortized so far?

I wish this was easier to understand!

The remaining book value is reduced to nil (as it is a disposal)on the balance sheet and then added as an expense on the P&L. The money we receive is income and added to the P&L. 

• Thanks 1

Shame he’s going, think he would’ve been great this year, but getting our money back and more within a yr can’t be argued with and trust Emery and Monchi to sign someone else.

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

So he's decided to all but retire. A bit disappointed but it's to good a deal to turn down. Bye Diaby, thanks for helping our finances. Let's bring in someone good. 

Retirement is when you stop working and being paid. You draw down on your pension. So I think what hes done is the opposite of retiring, he's got a massive pay increase and a new job. 

Good luck to him. Will make a fortune which will provide his familiy riches for generations and still has time in his career to get a move elsewhere later on if he decides to do that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The remaining book value is reduced to nil (as it is a disposal)on the balance sheet and then added as an expense on the P&L. The money we receive is income and added to the P&L. 

Right, gotcha. Thanks dude!

I presume that means, in the scenario I laid out, our profit would be circa £15m.

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 1

Had an amazing start with us and a respectable output. But he was also very frustrating at times later in the season, and seemed to be unsettled somehow, as if it was too much for him. To choose to move to Saudi at this stage of his career sort of confirms that.
Good luck to him, but I think this is a fantastic move for us. Curious to see who his replacement will be.

• Like 1

The way I look at this: he had a decent season and I wouldn’t have been actively trying to sell him; but he wasn’t as good as I expected him to be so in that context getting more money for him than we paid last year makes this deal worthwhile 

• Like 3

Seems so strange. 

Going to be an odd player to think back on in a few years time. 

That's ridiculous money for a player who isn't in our best 11. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Seems so strange. 

Going to be an odd player to think back on in a few years time. 

That's ridiculous money for a player who isn't in our best 11. 

But these are the type of sales we need to make in the future, great money but dose not effect us massively moving forward. You compare this to the O'Neill period where we were losing these types of player a knew it was downhill from there on.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â