Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:
6 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Do you know how these contracts work please? Where there are stage payments over time will they be made using conversion rate ruling at the start or change as markets change?

It’ll just be paid in whatever currency the deal is. If the deal is being made in euros then it’ll be paid in euros. What that’s worth in GBP is irrelevant 

They may financially hedge the future contracted payments so the GBP is more determined and not caught out by material currency fluctuations.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kante is off to West Ham apparently

Benzema is pretty much running the club as had Gallardo sacked and vetoed Pioli as manager

Thought the bid was rejected, Ornstein sid Kante and Saudis are happy with him and he wants to stay. He needs to stay there for 3 years to get the 0% tax I think? or is it 2 years

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Thought the bid was rejected, Ornstein sid Kante and Saudis are happy with him and he wants to stay. He needs to stay there for 3 years to get the 0% tax I think? or is it 2 years

Last i read they were still interested in Kante even if bid rejected

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

They may financially hedge the future contracted payments so the GBP is more determined and not caught out by material currency fluctuations.

Thank you. I thought such contracts are paid over time so possible exchange fluctuations must be taken into account. I presume Villa would stipulate being paid in sterling so the purchaser would need to decide how to manage their finances (buy forward or whatever).

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not fussed about the sale. Good deal for us.

If you’d asked me to pick my best team at the end of last season with all players fit, I’d argue it could have looked like this:

————————Watkins————————
——————————Bailey———————
Rogers—Tielemans—Kamara—McGinn
Digne———Torres—Carlos———Konsa
————————Martinez————————

We’ve not lost a single one of these players.

The Luiz sale aside, we’re generating huge sums of cash for players that are on the fringes of the first team rather than what I’d describe as ‘the core’ (again, Luiz aside).

The task this summer is to go out and buy players that will force those players above to the bench through sheer quality.

In Maatsen, I feel we’ve already done that. Onana will likely play alongside Kamara when fit, but Tielemans/Barkley for the mean time.

Selling Diaby for £60m, a fringe player not fancied much by Emery at the start of games last season, is a solid bit of business and will allow us to go out and strengthen the ‘first XI’ (I realise it’s a squad game).

My opinion on Diaby is he was ‘ok’ last season. For the money we paid, I expected more. The biggest issue he had was fitting into a system where I don’t think he was good enough as a SS/10 and he isn’t strong enough or durable enough to play on the right of midfield. He fell between the gaps.

We’ll find better for less.

You can spin it whichever way you want, the fact is Diaby was a major weapon off the bench, brought the best out of Bailey, and we wouldn't have got top 4 if we hadn't signed him.

Luton home and away, Bournemouth away, Wolves at home, West Ham away, Burnley away. Most likely wouldn't have picked up as many points as we did in those games because of Moussa's contributions, either from the start of games or off the bench. 

Bailey was brilliant last season but still started fewer games than Moussa did, FACT. 

The success of this sale quite obviously depends on who Diaby's replacement is and how much of an impact he has on the team. If he can have more of an impact than Diaby did then we will look back in a year and say a job well done.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Thank you. I thought such contracts are paid over time so possible exchange fluctuations must be taken into account. I presume Villa would stipulate being paid in sterling so the purchaser would need to decide how to manage their finances (buy forward or whatever).

Fixing forward exchange rates is a standard service Banks have for Corporate clients. 

17 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

The success of this sale quite obviously depends on who Diaby's replacement is and how much of an impact he has on the team. If he can have more of an impact than Diaby did then we will look back in a year and say a job well done.

The dream is the replacement is incredible but only gets 2 goals and no assists.

Then the debate can rumble on with those who just look at numbers to decide if someone has played well :flag:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The dream is the replacement is incredible but only gets 2 goals and no assists.

Then the debate can rumble on with those who just look at numbers to decide if someone has played well :flag:

Numbers aren't that important when looking at CMs like Modric but they most certainly are when assessing a SS or winger. 

If Salah only got 2 goals next season I can guarantee you people would say he's finished and for good reason 👍

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Fixing forward exchange rates is a standard service Banks have for Corporate clients. 

Plus as a club we will have income from the PL in £, from the CL in €, from pre-season in $, etc etc. The finance team will be well versed in managing currency variations, like any international business.

It’s hard to blame anyone going to Saudi today. Ridiculous amount of money.

I want to blame them and say it’s ruining their career but 350k/week is a decent amount, should be able to live fairly comfortably. Two cars, maybe three and I think their house will even have two bathrooms.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If Salah only got 2 goals next season I can guarantee you people would say he's finished and for good reason 👍

Nope. Would depend how he played :)

• Haha 2

This is mad, if I was a pro footballer I don’t know what I would do.

My gut feeling is this is career suicide, but the flip side is, at €350k a week tax free, would you care? 

But then the other side of me is thinking he is probably on good money here, get better sponsorship deals and how much money does a youngster need to be financially set for life, make good Investments and you’d be sitting pretty forever 

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes, I have some knowledge of this hence the question.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â