Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

Can't complain at all for £60m and a profit for a player who did have growing question marks (by all parties: club and player, I think) over fit, etc. towards the end of the season.

Presumably the club will invest in another marquee forward.

Funny thing is, he was absolutely electric against Liverpool at VP right at the very end of the season. 

Had an assist and should have really scored two. Tore Liverpool to pieces with his pace second half and was the main reason along with Duran we got anything from that game. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Funny thing is, he was absolutely electric against Liverpool at VP right at the very end of the season. 

Had an assist and should have really scored two. Tore Liverpool to pieces with his pace second half and was the main reason along with Duran we got anything from that game. 

This thread is honestly groundhog day when it comes to his performances and stats. 

If we get £60m or above, that's some good business and we didn't do it on the cheap. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This thread is honestly groundhog day when it comes to his performances and stats. 

If we get £60m or above, that's some good business and we didn't do it on the cheap. 

Yeah I’ve already wished him all the best, he’s gone.

The threads still open, it’s still a forum, he’s still our player at this moment and I’m still going to make comment. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

Yeah I’ve already wished him all the best, he’s gone.

The threads still open, it’s still a forum, he’s still our player at this moment and I’m still going to make comment. 

He's had his ups and downs like any player, in glad we signed him and always enjoyed that big smile. Had a rocket on him and could pick out a cross. Wish him all the best also. 

He also cost less than the likes than the likes of Maddison and Brennan Johnson and still had equal or better goal/assists in his debut season. 

Whoeover we bring in next is going to be very interesting and exciting all the same. 

• Like 1

so far I know, we have bought Diaby for around £32-35 million with the add-on (I don't know how much and we have used the add-on so far?) 

so if we sold them 51 million (I hope add-on to cover what we pay for the add-on) it is around 15-20 million profit, not bad business... 

if more that 51 (60-70) that would be very good business (Edit after didn't read some new post pop)

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

My opinion on Diaby is he was ‘ok’ last season. For the money we paid, I expected more. The biggest issue he had was fitting into a system where I don’t think he was good enough as a SS/10 and he isn’t strong enough or durable enough to play on the right of midfield. He fell between the gaps.

Absolutely. If you spend over £50m, we need someone really shining for us. We aren't Utd who can afford big signings to drift.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’ll find better for less.

No doubt.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Teammates with De Bruyne by the looks of it.

KDB must be broken if city are letting him go

Blanc is the manager then they've got kante, benzema, luiz Felipe, Jota, fabinho and aouar

Guessing with their foreign player rule they're selling a couple of them 

41 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What matters though now we are selling him is his remaining book value. Which is around £27.5m so a sale price of £60m is a nice profit for PSR and it is in the next 3 years accounts for Squad Cost rule too

I'm not an accountant, but from what I understand, It depends how Villa's accountants treat the addons. They can either be a liability from day one or only recognised when clauses are triggered. Likewise, they can go straight to the profit & loss account or be added to the original registration rights amount. If it's the latter then I think the book value will increase.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

KDB has been one of the most vocal top players against the scheduling and number of games they are forced to play these days. Obviously the move is about money but I also think he's lost motivation and drive to play 60-65 games per season. 

Yeah I think those saying things like “Diaby must have a weak mentality” need to consider, alongside many other factors, that more and more players are very vocally complaining about workload and will start choosing easier paths that can make them (more) money while still letting them play the sport. Call it “weak”, call it “having functioning knees at 50”, we will see it more and more.

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He definitely isn't right. €70m is about £55m.

It’s almost exactly £60m in today’s exchange rates. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It’s almost exactly £60m in today’s exchange rates. 

Do you know how these contracts work please? Where there are stage payments over time will they be made using conversion rate ruling at the start or change as markets change?

If we can get the best part of £100m for Duran and Diaby, we have played an absolute blinder. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Do you know how these contracts work please? Where there are stage payments over time will they be made using conversion rate ruling at the start or change as markets change?

It’ll just be paid in whatever currency the deal is. If the deal is being made in euros then it’ll be paid in euros. What that’s worth in GBP is irrelevant 

45 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm not an accountant, but from what I understand, It depends how Villa's accountants treat the addons. They can either be a liability from day one or only recognised when clauses are triggered. Likewise, they can go straight to the profit & loss account or be added to the original registration rights amount. If it's the latter then I think the book value will increase.

As far as I'm aware (and it's based of what Kieran Maguire said in price of football podcast) the add ons are paid and accounted for in the financial year they are triggered. It's not really possible to include optional add ons as part of book value and amortisation. There is also no benefit (only negative) reason why you would include add ons as part of the total book value either.

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

KDB must be broken if city are letting him go

Blanc is the manager then they've got kante, benzema, luiz Felipe, Jota, fabinho and aouar

Guessing with their foreign player rule they're selling a couple of them 

Kante is off to West Ham apparently

Benzema is pretty much running the club as had Gallardo sacked and vetoed Pioli as manager

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â