Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

At this point in time makes complete sense to me. Better options to play next to Ollie and on the RW, with a bit of profit banked. I would have tried him more on the left, simplifying his game to using his pace going on the outside, but with the LB pushing so far forward probably doesn’t provide enough cover for the system. 

• Like 1

Hopefully it’s at least that much (and there are add ons and a sell on percentage) but… when the article states that we bought him for £51m, that raises some doubts.

Weird how often the figure either varies or is reported incorrectly.

-

At least a £20m profit would be excellent tbf. We wouldn’t get that from anywhere else.

Edited by Jas10

I still think it is an odd one. Our best season since 1996, no guarantees replacements can sustain that type of form at all. But good for the accounts I suppose.... he's about three fifths the cost of a new North Stand  😉 (joking!)

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

WE

DID

NOT

PAY

£50M

FOR

DIABY

I think the big misunderstanding for most folk is the initial payment (£35m) vs total package deal (£50m). 

I suspect not all add ons have been met, but champions league qualification and game time definitely has triggered some. 

I suspect we spent about £40/45m ish 

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I still think it is an odd one. Our best season since 1996, no guarantees replacements can sustain that type of form at all. But good for the accounts I suppose.... he's about three fifths the cost of a new North Stand  😉 (joking!)

I know it won’t happen, but… if we could buy Nico Williams for less than we get on the sale of Diaby, that might be the best bit of transfer business ever. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I think the big misunderstanding for most folk is the initial payment (£35m) vs total package deal (£50m). 

I suspect not all add ons have been met, but champions league qualification and game time definitely has triggered some. 

I suspect we spent about £40/45m ish 

I’d say £40-45m is an absolute maximum, yeah.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

Mirror reporting it’s done for £60M

Well they are about £17.1 million wrong in the price we paid for him. So I wouldn't be trusting anything else in the article tbh

However if we are landing around £60m for him we're booking a PSR profit of £30+

Edited by CVByrne

Can't complain at all for £60m and a profit for a player who did have growing question marks (by all parties: club and player, I think) over fit, etc. towards the end of the season.

Presumably the club will invest in another marquee forward.

Edited by wishywashy

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’d say £40-45m is an absolute maximum, yeah.

Depends what number you're quoting. Is it total possible price with add ons or the fee we paid that is his book value? Ornstein is the Tier 1 of Tier one and he quotes £34.6m + add ons. I saw the add ons could be up to another £15m in other reports. So this is where this £50m number comes from I suspect. So there is truth to both numbers. 

What matters though now we are selling him is his remaining book value. Which is around £27.5m so a sale price of £60m is a nice profit for PSR and it is in the next 3 years accounts for Squad Cost rule too

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â